Flatiron - Trial VersionWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
Advantages of Flatiron
- Unwrap and bake multiple objects into a single texture map without having to manually arrange UV charts or compose rendered maps in image editing software.
- Unwrap all the objects in a scene, bake them in a single render pass and get high quality texture maps in record time.
- Minimize the size of your texture maps by automatically arranging UVs of one or multiple objects perfectly.
- Use unique organic, hard-surface or projection unwrapping methods for superior UV compressions.
- Keep a uniform pixel density on mesh surfaces – even across multiple objects. This avoids the effect of some areas on the mesh having a very sharp and detailed texture while others appear blurred.
- Use the full power of your network rendering setup – Flatiron is fully integrated into 3ds Max thanks to MAXScript.
Flatiron is ideally suited for
Game developers who need to add a maximum of visual quality to their games while keeping hardware requirements at a minimum. Bake shadow maps or ambient occlusion for complete rooms or even whole levels at once and combine multiple objects on a single uv map.
Major international game and infotainment companies including Ubisoft, Firaxis, Sega, Monolith, Sanzigen, Gameloft, deepsilver, Gas Powered Games, as well as industrial and telecommunication key players such as Disney, Sony, Panasonic, Konami, Pixomondo, Fuji, Mitsubishi, CBS TV Network, FOX, Thyssen and Dynamic Pictures have utilized Flatiron unique technology.
Architects and product designers who want to visualize their creations in record time. Bake the illumination for the complete background scenery into a single map instead of recalculating its visual details repetitively. You reduce render time and can concentrate on truly creating value: your architecture and products.
Designers creating real-time visuals for mobile devices or similar platforms with very limited texture memory. Bake a single map that is shared by multiple objects and can contain a whole scene with minimal wasted texture space.
This is the trial version for 3ds Max 2015 and newer.
To install simply download and use the installer, it will put all required files into their corresponding default directories.
This is a trial version with no feature limits, work results can be viewed but not saved for further processing.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Initial release to store|