General Usage Instructions
Application can be launched under "Exchange Store" Menu (See Screenshot "Store Menu")
Create a PropLine node in the scene.
Click the Pick Object button to add nodes to clone along the PropLine.
Click the Create Spline to make a new spline or the Pick Spline to use an existing Spline.
- Select the object(s) to clone and the spline(s) to distribute along.
- Run Create PropLine with Selection (see installation instructions).
Now edit the transformations, distribution methods/settings in the modify tab.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
You can customize transformations and distribution of specific props by adding a PropLine Custom Attribute to the node. See the video on Propline and Customizing Transformations.
- When using high-poly props or large quantities of props, the performance can be slow. If that is that case, use the display as boxes option or turn on XRef proxies if using XRef object props.
- The subrollout for controlling prop overrides doesn't show all the controls very well. You can edit the values more easily with the Prop Manager. Click the Launch Manager button found below the Source Nodes list and in the Transformation Rollout.
- When there are XRef Objects and XRef Materials in the scene, PropLine can cause the creation of new scene nodes to be slow. If this affects you, disable the PropLine nodes while creating new objects.
- Using Max's Affect Pivot Only and Transforming a Group Node's Pivot when that Group Node is a prop in a PropLine can crash 3ds Max!!! If you need to adjust the pivot of a group used in the PropLine, first deactivate the Propline by unchecking the Active checkbox in the modify tab. After you've adjusted the pivot, you can reactivate the PropLine node.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|* Added new option Align to World. When on, the props are aligned to the world orientation. * Updated the Create PropLine from Selection Macro to automatically apply an Edit Normals modifier to the PropLine node if one of the added props is a WallWormMDL node. * Updated Prop Manager to detect props from a PropLine node if that node had modifiers.|
|* Added New display mode for Use Node's Box Mode. Will respect the individual prop box mode or layer box mode setting. * Added new global setting to use Subtitute Modifiers on source objects that are over a threshhold vertex count. * Added new button in utilities rollout to add Substitute Modifiers on source nodes not using substitute modifiers. * Added Instantiate All MacroScript. * Added Source Model integration so that you can manually use Lowest/Highest LODs of models in scene to improve performance. Source Model geometry class are available when you install Wall Worm or Wall Worm Pro. * Added Scaling options to PropLine and PropLine Transformation Custom Attributes. * Updated the orientation of the last prop spawned on a closed spline to point towards the first prop in the closed spline. * Added new transformation parameter called Point At First. When on, forces the last prop in a spline to point at the first prop whether the spline is closed or not.|