General Usage Instructions
The general workflow for carving is:
1. Select the object you want to carve with and add them to the Carvers list with the Add Selected as Carver button.
2. Add the objects that should be carved into the Carve list by selecting them and pressing the Add Selected as Carvee button.
3. Make any changes to the settings (which are described below) for your desired results.
4. Press the Carve button.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Carver works with 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design 2014+ (64 Bit).
- When using multiple Carvers simultaneously, resulting blocks may have unexpected results. Using single carvers is recommended.
- When using Interval or a comma separated list of frames with Time to Carve, you may have unexpected results. Using Current Frame is recommended.
- Sides of objects derived from carves may have non-planar UVW mapping unless Planar UVW Cap is turned on.
- Using Planar UVW Cap increases carve times.
- The Planar UVW Cap function does not currently flow from any UVs of adjacent sides. Instead, Planar UVW Cap is always aligned to the polygon center at this moment.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Minor updates and 3ds Max 2019 support.|