Why use Scatter?
Scatter has been designed for ease of use to scatter geometry over large surfaces. Add 3D objects, proxies, cache files and animate settings. Scatter includes a paintbrush for adding 3D geometry and erasing.
Scatter objects to any surface by selecting the 3D object to add to. Then add the 3D objects you want to scatter. The distribution map randomly places objects across the surface, up to 1 million points if required. You can transform, add, replace and erase objects by type without having to regenerate the distribution. Once complete you can export to edit mesh if required.
- Works with 3D geometry, ProxSi and 3rd party proxies, VRay and Corona.
- Works with external ProxSi files.
- Animating settings won't pop visibility.
- Colour and texture variation.
- Spline and Camera clipping.
- Export to edit mesh.
Requirements & Supported Software
- Static MacID
- Autodesk 3ds Max 2015 - 2021
- Optimised for V-Ray and Corona ONLY (recommend Vray build 3.60.04+, and Corona 5). Does not support V-Ray RT. (other renderers supported soon)
- Licence-free for renderfarms
Supports Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2015-2021
Optimised for; V-Ray and Corona.
Supports; V-Ray, Corona, Arnold, Maxwell, Octane, finalRender, Iray.
Note: This app uses a custom installer (and not the standard App Store installer).