3ds Max Security Tools for Autodesk® 3ds Max® software 2021-2020-2019-2018-2017-2016-2015SP1 (Service Pack 1)
The 3ds Max Security Tools is Autodesk's recommended way to detect and remove malicious code identified as CRP\ADSL, ALC, ALC2, and PhysXPluginMfx. The malicious code can potentially corrupt the 3ds Max environment, cause data loss and instability, as well as spread to other systems.
The 3ds Max Security Tools is a free plugin available to all users of 3ds Max starting with 3ds Max 2015 SP1 and newer. We strongly recommend that 3ds Max users install this utility on all their systems running 3ds Max.
Note: The 3ds Max Security Tools is designed to help repair affected 3ds Max scene files and the 3ds Max user environment. It is not intended as a general endpoint protection tool and should not be considered as such. Autodesk recommends that all users run a reputable antivirus or anti-malware program on their PCs and keep both the program and its virus definitions updated regularly.
• Attempts to detect and remove malicious code identified as CRP, ADSL, ALC, ALC2, and PhysXPluginMfx in 3ds Max startup scripts.
• Attempts to detect and remove malicious code identified as CRP, ADSL, ALC, ALC2, and PhysXPluginMfx 3ds Max in scene files, no matter how they are loaded into 3ds Max (merged, xrefed, drag and dropped, loaded through scripted commands, etc).
• Helps prevent 3ds Max from saving scenes corrupted by CRP, ADSL, ALC, ALC2, and PhysXPluginMfx.
• Asks for user confirmation before cleaning startup scripts and scene data.
• Works in quiet and non-interactive usage scenarios of 3ds Max, such as command line rendering and batch scripting.
• Logs actions to the system log (Max.log) and to the MAXScript listener. • Permits a user to continue using 3ds Max even if they choose not to clean startup scripts or scene data.
The 3ds Max Security Tools is provided "As-Is." You acknowledge, accept, and agree that no software is error-free, and you are using the software at your own risk. Autodesk makes no offer for support of the software or your personal hardware and assumes no liability from damages incurred to your software or hardware due to your use of tool. Autodesk makes no warranties as to performance, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or any other warranties whether expressed or implied. Furthermore, no oral or written communication from or information provided by Autodesk or its agents shall create a warranty.