This plug-in can be used to choose one or more nodes in the scene and create "exploded" geometry. The exploded geometry is actually 3 or 4 sided faces and you have the options to add modifiers to enhance the finished geometry to your needs.
First select the nodes that you want to explode (you have an option to maintain the original geometry if desired). From the UI element that you assigned the plug-in action to, select it and a dialog will come up.
Select the options, and then select "Explode Selected Geometry". A progress bar will be displayed for long actions and you have the option to cancel.
You can choose to create three or four sided objects as a result of the explode operation. Select the radio button of the desired operation. Additionally you can toggle whether to try and convert the object’s mesh before the conversion. By default it will try to convert, and if it cannot it will end. If it can be converted (or is already of the correct type) then each node will be exploded into the resulting individual faces.
You can also control several other options.
- Add Shell Modifier -- will add the modifier to the resulting face object, and apply the given shell offset.
- Add Edit Mesh Modifier -- will add the modifier to the stack resulting in edit mesh operation being immediately available.
- Collapse Modifier Stack -- will collapse the stack down to become an editable mesh as the end result.
- Center Pivot -- will center the pivot on each resulting face.
- Delete Original -- will remove each original node that was used to create the new faces.
About This VersionVersion 2.0, 11/30/2015
Update release to include UI color matching and now supports 3ds Max(Design) 2015 and 2016.