The 3ds Max Scene Security Tools is Autodesk's recommended way to detect and remove known 3rd party malicious scripts identified as CRP\ADSL, ALC, ALC2, PhysXPluginMfx, and their variants. The malicious scripts can corrupt the 3ds Max environment, cause data loss and instability, as well as spread to other systems through sharing of 3ds Max scene files.
What's new in version 2.0.1:
- Fixed an issue where the "Notify me about updates" option would notify users of new updates when in fact their installation of the Scene Security Tools was up-to-date.
What’s new in version 2.0.0:
- The tool has been renamed to “3ds Max Scene Security Tools.”
- The “Notify me about updates” option informs users of new versions of this tool published on the Autodesk App Store. This option is enabled by default.
- The tool has been re-written in C++ to increase its flexibility and robustness in protecting users against 3rd party malicious scripts found in scene and script files.
- Detects and removes the malicious scripts listed above from 3ds Max startup scripts and scene files regardless of how they are loaded.
- Helps prevent 3ds Max from saving scenes corrupted with the malicious scripts listed above.
- Asks for user confirmation before cleaning startup scripts and scene files.
- Works in quiet and non-interactive usage scenarios of 3ds Max, such as command line rendering and batch scripting.
- Logs actions to the system log (Max.log) and to the MAXScript listener.
- Allows the user to continue using 3ds Max even if they choose not to clean startup scripts or scene data.
Supported 3ds Max versions:
Autodesk recommends that all customers running 3ds Max 2015 SP1 and newer, including 3ds Max educational licenses, 3ds Max Indie and 3ds Max Trial versions, download and install the 3ds Max Scene Security Tools application to help detect and resolve issues caused by 3rd party malicious scripts.
The 3ds Max Scene Security Tools is designed to help repair affected 3ds Max scene files and 3ds Max’s user environment. It is not intended as a general endpoint protection tool and should not be considered as such. Autodesk recommends that all users run a reputable antivirus or anti-malware program on their computers and keep both the program and its virus definitions updated regularly.
The 3ds Max Scene Security Tools is provided "AS-IS." You acknowledge, accept, and agree that no software is error-free, and you are using the software at your own risk. Autodesk makes no offer for support of the software or your personal hardware and assumes no liability from damages incurred to your software or hardware due to your use of the tool. Autodesk makes no warranties as to performance, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or any other warranties whether expressed or implied. Furthermore, no oral or written communication from or information provided by Autodesk or its agents shall create a warranty.