The GILE_INCR command opens the Increment dialog.
In its left part, the dialog provides common controls for all tools.
- The 'Value Type' frame is used to specify the incrementable value type (numeric, alphabetic, alphanumeric, hexadecimal, or roman numerals).
- The 'Parameters' frame provides textboxes to set the initial value, the increment value, and some optional settings: a separator character, a prefix, a suffix.
- The OK button launches an action according to the selected tab. The action repeats incrementing the value until the user does not Esc, Enter, or Space to get out of control.
In its right part, the dialog provides four tabs to specify the settings of each different action.
- The 'Attribute' tab is used to increment an attribute value at each block insertion. The user selects the block to insert and the attribute to increment, he also can set some block properties (global scale and rotation).
- The 'Text' tab is used to create a text object which value is incremented at each insertion. The user can set some text properties (text style, justification, height and rotation).
- The 'Selection' tab is used to edit existing Text, Mtext or Attribute objects by prefixing, suffixing or replacing them with an incremented value. The user chooses one or more entity types and selects the action to perform.
- The 'Auto' tab allows to automatically increment a selection set of texts, mtexts, or block attributes according to ascending or descending X and Y coordinates.
About This Version
Version 2.4.0, 3/30/2022
Added 2023 support.