NamesWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
Install the plugin and start AutoCAD. Draw any object and open the properties panel (CTRL +1). If the plugin work, then you will see properties in a new section AVC with new properties Name and Information inside. You can enter these properties for each object individually or select many objects and write the name all at once. In the properties of solids, you will see 3 additional lines: Sweep, Mirror and Texture and new section Metric.
You will also find all of these new properties in the Quick Select command window (QSelect). This will help you to select all items with the same name in the big drawing. Or, for example, all sweeps. Therefore, the plugin can be useful, even if you don't use my other plugins.
Use commands LAY, SAW, Numbering or SolSize for measurement solids. All of these commands will record results in xData of solid and you will see them in the Metric section. It contains:
- Length - maximum of the three overall dimensions.
- Width - third of the three overall dimensions
- Thickness - minimum of the three overall dimensions
- Volume - real volume of solid (not product dimensions)
- Asymmetry - Indicator asymmetrical: the distance from the boxing center to the center of mass. It allows you to identify the offset holes, and others.
- AsymVector - The direction of the center of the box to the center of mass in three dimensions XYZ. It differs from the mirrored parts
- Technology - Method of manufacturing parts. At the moment, the algorithm is as follows: if you mark detail as a Sweep, the "Sweep" is written. For parallelograms without holes “Box” is written. If all the faces are flat and there are not more than six of them, then the “Saw” is written. If the faces are flat or cylindrical - write “Milling”. Otherwise, "3D milling". Thus, in most cases, you can easily select the parts that can be made on a sliding table saw using tilt of saw blade. Or you can easily select details those that can be made on a 2D+ CNC-milling cutter. Of course, this simple algorithm does not cover 100% of the cases. Therefore, the results of this algorithm should be treated critically, the responsibility always remains on the engineer and technologist.
All these properties - read only. And they will all be zero, until the solid measurement is made. Call one of the commands: Lay, Sawing table (SAW), Numbering or SolSize. Then the solid will be measured under the rules described in the plug-in LAY. The dimensions will be retained within the solid (in xData). Now plugin can show the metric. Any change in solid, as well as in moving and copying metrics will be reset to zero. And again you will have to call the measurement command. Automatic measurement is not implemented because it strong loads AutoCAD and takes a long time. After you change the properties of the SWEEP as required manually call one of the measurement commands too.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Measure solid like LAY rules. Write solid metric. Check solid for valid.
Update all solid metrics (for measured solids). Solids inside block and external reference will update too.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this plug-in from Autodesk App Store has already installed the plug-in. You may need to restart Autodesk® Product to activate the plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) or Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP), and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Now you can use new substitutions in my plugins Layout (LAY) and Sawing Table (SAW):
%mirrorcount% or %mc% - quantity of identical solids, marked like “mirror”,
%sumcount% or %sc% - summary quantity of identical solids (unmirrored and not),
%name% or %n% - string name of object,
%info% or %i% - description of detail or any other information.
%kind% or %k% - kind, type, material of object or any other information,
%sweep% or %s% - comment “Sweep” for solids marked like Sweep,
%mirror% or %m% - comment “Mirror” for solids marked like Mirror,
%texture% or %t% – comment about texture direction,
%tr% - “1” if Texture property = No, “2” if Texture = Along or Across (for Cutting3 program)
Follow my news on Google+ or Facebook. If you have an interest in the new version, just download it from my website (not from Autodesk AppStore!) and unpack into the same directory with the replacement of all files. AutoCAD course must be closed. Updates are free of charge. Reactivation not required.
- This plugin does not work in AutoCAD® 2012 properly. The properties window in AutoCAD is not suitable for typing long texts. You can’t insert end-of-line or tab symbol. You can’t see the whole long text. I would advise users to copy the text to Notepad and paste the edited text back. CTRL+C and CTRL+V work fine.
- AutoCAD® 2015-2017, in the process of entering long text in the properties panel, displays only 1 the last character, and the rest of the text disappears. Once you move the cursor backward, all text appears. It's not a glitch in my plugin. You can see the same glitches when editing dimension text or any other text properties. So the property panel works.
Please write your questions and concerns in comments to the program on this site. I will reply as soon as possible.
I'll be glad to hear from you any suggestions and comments to further improve program
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Compatible with Autocad 2018 New values for Technology property The accuracy of estimating the asymmetry of soled is lowered New activation window. New version numeration|
|Add demo mode Add SolSize and AVCUpdate command Metric section for solid|
|Support AutoCAD 2017 Support Texture solid property Optimized localization|