CAD Monkey FreeWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
CAD Monkey Free is your first step in starting a new project. Just type in MONKEYFREE, enter your project number, and have your working documents automatically created for you.
CAD Monkey Free comes with two functions - a Configuration Phase and an Execution Phase.
- With Autodesk® AutoCAD® Open, enter command: MONKEYFREECONFIG (see Command Descriptions for additional information)
- Look at some of the screenshots to see the CAD Monkey XREF Flowchart.
- This is where you pick your templates to use.
- At any time if you want to make changes in how CAD Monkey works, just enter the command MONKEYFREECONFIG again.
- After you’ve ran through the Configuration Phase and CAD Monkey knows how you want to work, just enter command: MONKEYFREE to create a new project (see Command Descriptions for additional information).
- Just enter your new Project Number and Boom - within seconds you’ll be ready to start creating.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
1. Launches ‘Project Number’ prompt 2. Enter your project ID, like “123”, “456.7A” or “99_88” 3. Click OK 4. The following drawings are created and saved - Base file (BB) - Work file (INT) - Demolition Plan (DP) - Construction Plan (CP) - Resource Plan (ERP) - Ceiling Plan (RCP) - Finish Plan (FP) 5. XREFs are automatically applied - The base (BB) file work XREF’d into the work (INT) file - The work (INT) file is XREF’d into all of the other files 6. Just move your new files from the default saved location to your Project specific folder
Launches the CAD Monkey Configuration screen. You may configure the following options: 1. File suffix - Examples: ‘BB’ for base file or ‘FP’ for finish plan 2.Template for each file - By default, the template specified in your profile is used. (This should be a .dwt file) - You may use any template for each document type, but they must be saved your AutoCAD Profile's template location - Examples: ‘BBtemplate.dwt’ for the base file (BB) 3. Save folder - By default, files are stored in your ‘My Documents’ folder - You may change this to any folder your computer has access to - Example: F:\shared\projects\zach\ 4. If you make a mistake, press Cancel then relaunch the config screen
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
We are planning to release another fully customizable application as well as one for Paper Space...coming soon!
There are no known issues with CAD Monkey Free at this time, but please watch our page for the latest information.
|Version Number||Version Description|