SmatCad Block CatalogerWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
Run the "CATALOGBLOCKS" command via the command line as well as through a ribbon button found in the "Add-ins" menu tab.
The following sequence of events will take place:
- The user is prompted to select entities. Select as many as you like and hit enter when you are done selecting.
- The command line shows the total number of entities selected and the total number of unique blocks found. The unique blocks selected value refers to the number of block types found. For example, if you select 4 entities, 2 entities are 'chair' blocks, 1 entity is a 'table' block and 1 entity is a 'line', then the value for Total Entities Selected will be 4, and the Unique Blocks Found value will be 2 (1 chair type, 1 table type). Lines and other primitives (circle, arc, rectangle etc..) are not kept for further processing.
- The user is then prompted to find out whether they would like these layouts to be published in a single PDF. A simple yes/no response is all that is required. The PDF that will be produced will contain all the layouts produced, with each layout on its own page and a table of contents with the layout names.
- Once the user has finished making a choice regarding the publish to PDF option (step 3), the layouts will be produced one by one. A window will appear showing the progress of layout creation. Each layout will have its respective block zoomed into, in the viewport and the name of the block type at the top center of the layout.
- If the user selects 'Yes' for publishing to PDF and their Autodesk® AutoCAD® preferences indicate that they would like to provide a filename for each publishing job, then after all layouts have been created, the user will be prompted to provide a filename and save location for the PDF file being published. Clicking cancel when providing the filename will result in no PDF being produced.
- Layouts take on the name of the block type they will be showing. If the block name contains special characters (\ / : * ? " < > | ) then the layout name will be the block type name without any of these characters. However, the block type name will also appear at the top center in each layout. This title will have the exact block type name.
- The publishing to PDF functionality works best with saved drawings. If you run the command on a drawing that has not been saved, the drawing will automatically be saved with a default name that includes the date and time of publishing e.g. Drawing1-07-02-2017_20-53-52.dwg. The date/time is formatted as dd-mm-yyyy_hh-mm-ss.
At the end of the command you will have multiple layouts open for you to use as needed.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Select multiple entities and get each unique block type from the selection, such that each unique block type is opened in a new layout and zoomed to its extents. You also have the option of publishing all the unique block types opened in their respective layouts to a PDF file.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this plug-in from Autodesk App Store has already installed the plug-in. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
When you run the "CATALOGBLOCKS" for the first time you will be prompted to load to give permission to the Add-in to run. Users are presented with the following options:
- "Always Load" - selecting this will provide the Add-in functionality and ensure that you never get asked to load the Add-in functionality ever again.
- "Load Once" - choosing this option will provide you with the functionality of the Add-in for this session only.
- "Do Not Load" - selecting this will mean you will not be able to use the Add-in functionality during this session. You will need to restart AutoCAD to be asked again.
After giving permission, you are now free to use the Add-in as desired.
|Version Number||Version Description|