STEP Exporter for Autodesk® AutoCAD® - TrialWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
- Download and install the app.
- Run AutoCAD and Load a model.
- There’s an ‘Add-ins’ tab on the ribbon bar. It contains the following ribbon buttons as shown in the image below: ‘Export', ‘Preference’, and 'About Us'.
- Click on the ‘Export’ button to export the model to .step file.
- This will launch save as dialog in which you can specify the directory and filename of your choice.
- From preferences, you can set the options for the output file. The options are as follows:-
- Write Free Points - By default, points are not exported to STEP. Check this to write out points.
- Write Free Edges - By default, wire data is not exported to STEP. Check this to write wire data.
- Application Protocol - We can select the required STEP Application Protocol in which we want to export the current STEP model. AP203, AP214, AP242 these application protocols supported from this version
- Reset Defaults - Click this button to reset to default settings for STEP.
7. About Us' button displays information about the company, product, and license details.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Export the model to STEP (.step) file.
Shows options related to STEP export.
Shows information about the company and product. License details.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in.
To work this plugin with AutoCAD, it is mandatory to have the Prototech Plugin Engine installed on your system machine. The installer of STEPExporterForAutoCAD will install plug-in engine if it is not installed and further it will install STEPExporterForAutoCAD.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Note:- Uninstallation of the Plugin Engine is done separately. It can be done from the Control Panel.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|1. Color Export is supported. 2. Export of Step Application Protocol AP203, AP214, AP242 supported 3. Wire data export is supported. 4. Support AutoCAD 2020 and 2021|