Batch attribute block ref. creation from worksheetWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
The procedures of block creation, in brief, can be divided into 4-7 steps:
1. Define a block (with or without attributes) then run this App;
2. Pre-selected data range (rows & columns) in Microsoft® Excel® worksheet. Press "Activate Excel" to find out which instance is linked (usually the last open worksheet);
3. Select a block name or an Excel column that contains multi-block names;
4. Select macro mode (A) and match block refs. positioning parameters with Excel columns (B);
5. (Optional) Match attributes with Excel columns (C);
6. (Optional) Match dynamic properties with Excel columns (D);
Click "Insert block references" to see the results.
7. (Optional) Clone field attributes from source block references to other block references
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Batch creates new Autodesk® AutoCAD® block references from Excel worksheet data.
Reverse direction of a selected polyline (2D, 3D and LightWeight polyline types are supported).
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10/11) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
- If no Excel worksheet is opened before, this app will try to open a blank worksheet. Your input must be copied to this blank worksheet. In case you want to use input values from an existing worksheet, just close the app and the blank worksheet, and pre-open the existing worksheet before running this app;
- This app only works with desktop versions of Excel. In case multiple Excel versions are installed, this app may work with the default version;
- Users can terminate the app during the Excel interaction process by pressing the ESC key (key press event only works with the App dialog, not works with the Excel interface);
- Users will get a message if this App package is launched from a virtual machine. App launched from a virtual machine will be limited in features like free version;
- When inserting multi-attribute block types at once, it is recommended that those blocks have the order of the same attributes. Attribute tags are not necessarily to be the same, but attributes of the same contents should be placed in the same order in each block definition. Use BATTMAN built-in command to arrange attributes order, click SYNC to update existing block references;
- When inserting multi-dynamic block types at once, it is recommended that those blocks have the same dynamic properties order. Properties names are not necessarily to be the same, but similar properties should be placed in the same order in each block definition. To set dynamic properties in order, input a numeric value to its description in Block Editor. (Warning: The order column in the parameter manager only affects the display order of dynamic properties in the Properties panel. It cannot be accessed by this App)
- When cloning fields from an existing attribute block reference, the source block reference's fields should display properly before and similar attributes of source & destination block references should be placed in the same order;
For questions/comments/suggestions/bug reports etc please send an email to NTCLApp1@gmail.com
For more information about the license, please visit: https://www.ntclsoft.com/home/license-registration-guide
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Bugs fixed: - Fix the bugs when merged cells appear in the Excel selection range, only the upper left cell of the merged area has value; Improvements: - Add an option for creating Dynamic block references with up to 12 Dynamic properties read from Excel columns; - Add an option for cloning fields from an existing field attribute block reference to other block references; - Users can now create different block types in one click. Block names are also retrieved from an Excel Column; - Add a button to delete block references, filtered by block name; - Add an option to create multi-block references by X, and Y coordinates, through all Layouts (except Model space); - Add an option to declare a universal block scale before creation; - Add an option to show External reference in the block name drop-down list;|
|Bugs fixed: - Extremely slow processing speed if user select entire column(s) in Excel as input data; Improvements: - Users can now terminate the app during excel interaction process by press ESC key; - Users no longer need to check the first active AutoCAD/ AutoCAD vertical instance of any versions;|
|Bugs fixed: - Message "Unknown Error" or "Method not found..." shows in 2021 version when call the App; - Message "This App will NOT work properly if it is called from a Non-Active instance..." shows when running the App with a drawing which has Data shortcuts; - App may not work when another version of AutoCAD/Civil 3D/ AutoCAD Map 3D/AutoCAD Architecture opens at the moment before App call and after the first Autodesk application open (application which call the App and is version different) ; - Block list shows with a click then disappear after mouse button releases.|