AVC_MultiSliceWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
- Draw the cubes (solid3d) with the _box command in the size of future products. You can model more complex shapes, but don't get carried away. Holes, chamfers, dadoes, grooves and other difficulties should be done on the details after calling the MultiSlice. Coloring the faces of the original body is also not worth it - all information about the color and materials of the faces will be destroyed.
- Select blanks. You can choose many solid at once. However, keep in mind that if you process a lot of details with one command, then the cancellation of the command (_Undo) will occur on all solids at once.
- You can immediately select several surfaces for slicing. Use CTRL while holding down surfaces with a click or frame. Also in Autodesk® AutoCAD® there is a special mode for selecting surfaces (SUBOBJSELECTIONMODE). After calling the MSL command, you will no longer be able to set the desired surfaces manually. If you set surfaces, then only they will be processed, and solids that are selected in their entirety will not be processed.
- Call the Multi-Peel (MSL) command
- If nothing is selected, or no solids are found, the program will ask you to select solids.
- If no surfaces were selected, the program will select them itself, in accordance with the settings of the current slice style.
- If the settings specify that you need to specify the direction for selecting surfaces, then the program will ask you to click on any linear edge of any solid. After that, the program will find all surfaces parallel to this edge. For cylindrical surfaces, parallelism of the cylinder axis is checked.
- If it is specified in the settings to select contiguous ones, the program will add all surfaces that mate with the given ones without kinks.
- All selected surfaces will be highlighted. You will see the highlight during the thickness request.
- Next, the program will request the thickness of the slices. The thickness request contains options for customizing the program. You can configure some options directly on the command line or open the setting's dialog. If the settings for auto-selection of surfaces change, the program will redraw the highlighted surfaces.
- Enter the thickness and press Enter.
- The program will begin to cut surface after surface, solid by solid. It may not be fast. You will see a progress bar at the bottom of the program window.
- If the "curved surface" method of peeling does not work then secant surfaces may remain in the drawing. You can use them to try to cut off part of the solid with the _slice command. And you can disable saving these surfaces.
- If the Mite Joint is configured, the program will do this after cutting off all the surfaces of the solid. If some kind of joint does not work, then intersecting parts may remain in the drawing. Be careful, check everything.
- The program will display statistics on the command line - how many surfaces are cut off, how many joints are made and how many have failed.
- If you configured the cyclic work of the command, then you will again receive a request for the selection of solid. Requests for the selection of the guide rib and the selection of the slice thickness will no longer be displayed. Press ESC to end the program. All previous slices will be saved in the drawing.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Cutting off many solid surfaces. Creating a Miter joint. Modeling columns and walls from particleboard/plywood in 1 click.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Added 2022 support (No change in version number).|
|- Compatible with AutoCAD 2021 - Cumulative updates|