MEPcontent BrowserWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
Starting the MEPcontent Browser
The MEPcontent Browser can be started from the MEPcontent-tab within Autodesk® Revit® and Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019
To make use of the MEPcontent Browser you will need to have a MEPcontent account which you can register from the https://www.mepcontent.com/.
Search for content
When the MEPcontent Browser is started, it will show you the latest available content from MEPcontent.com. In case you are looking for specific content you can use the keyword search and/or the filters (see Search and Filter in the User-interface overview in 1.1).
A lot of articles do have country specific characteristics. In order to get the correct content for your country, be sure to configure the content language from the top of the screen.
In order to enter your keyword to search for, click in the Find BIM files field followed by typing your keyword. Press Enter or click the search button behind the field to start the search.
The following filters are available:
Manufacturer -> Select one or multiple manufacturer to show the available content from
System -> Select the type of system where the content you are looking for applies to
Category -> Select the article category you are looking for (e.g. Air conditioner)
Revit version -> Show only content available for a specific Revit version
Availability -> Include or exclude content that is out of stock
The results of your keyword search and/or filter selection will be shown below the search and filter area, presented in tiles.
Many articles do have different types available, e.g. a valve that is available in different dimensions (and therewith types).
In order to select a type:
1. Click the Select article type pulldown menu
2. The pulldown menu will show the available types
3. Click the desired type in order to select it
Article placement, load or download
In case the family doesn’t have multiple types or as soon as the article type (where it applies) is selected, you have three options:
1. Load -> Load the family into your project, but not place it, this can be done later via the MEPcontent browser or Project browser within Revit
2. Insert -> Load and insert (place) the family into your Revit project
3. Save to disk -> Save the .rfa family file to your disk
1. Download and run the “MEPcontent Browser” MSI-installer from the Autodesk App Store.
2. During the installation you can provide an alternative installation location. By default, the app is installed in C:\Program Files\Stabiplan\MEPcontent Browser.
The MEPcontent Browser can be uninstalled via Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
The app requires:
• Windows 7 or higher
• Autodesk Revit or Autodesk AutoCAD 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019 (64 bit)
• Internet connection
• Installation permissions (during installation and updates)
• Communication over port 443 (uam.stabiplan.com & mepcontent.eu)
|Version Number||Version Description|
|- Added support for Autodesk® Revit® and Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2019|
|- Added support for type catalog families. You can directly select and insert the family type you would like to use into your project - Back to overview button: easily return to your search results or previous overview - Request content: a button and form is added to simplify the process of making a request for content|