Smart LeaderWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
To create a smart leader you need use standard Autodesk® AutoCAD® command _MLeader, specify the insertion point and leave the text empty. This will signal the program that you need to mark the leader as "smart". Program will record in leader properties the template "?" and start finding objects under the arrow. As the same signal you can enter the text ‘?’ or letter ‘n’ (from ‘name’ word) or one of the following templates, enclosed in percent symbols ’%’. After that the leader will always be considered "smart" and will be updated on command LeaderUpdate.
Note that the intelligence of leaders is not like yours. The leader may find nothing or find not what you expected. If the leader has not found the object, the text will be replaced with the template. To avoid errors the found object is highlighted. The highlight will turn off when any new command beginning.
Please be aware:
- Use only one of the topmost object. Hidden under it are not taken into account
- In the 2D Wareframe mode it is obligatory to indicate part contour lines. In the center of the circle will fail. Use endpoint snap. But it mode you can make a leader from internal (unseen) parts.
- In the shadow modes (any except 2D Wareframe) you can find solid, poking it in the midst of the faces. But it is impossible to find the invisible objects and will not work for any 2D objects.
- If program configured to find inside blocks, but the inner object has no name (or other specified parameter), then the leader will display the block name.
- Measurement of the solid follows the same rules as the program Sawing Table: measured dimensions of the smallest box which will fit it solid. You can mark the solid as the sweep (Plugin Names required).
- If you update the drawing then description on leaders will not update automatically. Use the command AVCUpdate to update all smart leaders.
- A multileader can have a few arrows, but for finding objects use only first one. If you are adding arrows to the leader, the object will be searched under the first (oldest) arrow. When you delete the first arrow the program will look for the object under the remaining arrow.
- Program does not work with multileader with a block instead of text. Choose a standard multileader style before you start working with leaders.
- Impossible to find anything in a drawing made by “Model Documentation” plugin (which is built by ViewBase command). The fact is that one plugin can't communicate with others. And ModelDoc it's not an AutoCAD add-on. It is an alien add-on. Therefore, for using smart leaders use viewports on layouts.
- For the same reason, special leaders Mechanical plug-in also not work. There are compatibility issues with Autodesk® AutoCAD® Mechanical.
Follow the messages on the console. There may be program messages.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Auxiliary command for setting output messages about the progress of the program . In the trial mode it shows the activation window.
Enabling and disabling smart leaders, setting up their work
Auxiliary command for setting output messages about the progress of the program
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Please read FAQ if any problem
To uninstall this plug-in just delete folder AVC_Leader.bundle. After uninstalling you can delete Windows registry key «CU\Software\AVC\AVC_Leader»
Follow my news on Google+ or Facebook. If you have an interest in the new version, just download it from my website (not from Autodesk AppStore!) and unpack into the same directory with the replacement of all files. AutoCAD course must be closed. Updates are free of charge. Reactivation not required.
Allow you to configure smart leaders. Have options:
- On/Off - Temporarily disable smart leaders and enable them back. And call MLeader command.
- SolidTemplate – String for solid discription template. Can contain all substitutions (see above) and any litters. Return to default use %
- BlockTemplate – String for block description template. By default %n% - the block name. Also acceptable substitution %l% (layer) and %col% (color), and any attributes and parameter of the block.
- InBlock – switcher for finding inside blocks and external references. Default No.
- Highlight - switcher for highlighting found objects. Default Yes.
- DimentionFormat - Enter string for control the number of decimal places and insignificant zeros. Symbol 0 – any digit or zero. Symbol # - any digit or nothing. Default “0.#” – interpreted like 1 decimal digit after float point if it not 0. Additional you can use fractional formats:
CU - from current drawing
AR – Architectural
EN - Engineering
FR – Fractional
After AR, EN, FR you can write precision (0-8)
The settings are saved in the Windows registry for HKEY_Current_User.
This command updates smart leaders. The leaders should be selected before command calling or the program will prompt for the select. You can order the program to find all smart leaders on all drawing layouts. The program refills the leader text in accordance with the template stored in the property Info of the leader. Configuring search inside the blocks is also saved for each leader since its inception. If under a leader arrow has nothing or if leader cannot find you request parameter, the command will display at the end of the number of bad leaders. Text of bad leaders will be replaced at the template.
- The program highlights the found objects. This illumination must be switched off at the start of any new command. But sometimes the backlight doesn't turns off, and the object remains selected. In this case try to change the layout or call the _Regen command. Or disable the highlights quite command ALD Highlights No The highlights blocks inside other blocks are disabled in this version, because it caused instability with the AutoCAD.
- If you copy smart leader by _Copy command then automatically update only the first copy. Other copies can be updated by the command LeaderUpdate
- I recommend disabling the AutoCAD option "Make new dimensions associative" (system variable DIMASSOC should put 1 instead of 2) because when it is enabled, leaders behave unpredictably. It has nothing to do with the work of my plugin.
- Notes and symbols AutoCAD Mechanical't know how to disable their visibility and therefore tightly close the objects.
- One user encountered damage to DWG files by using Smart Leader in Mechanical 2017. I strongly do not recommend using my plug-in with the AutoCAD Mechanical add-in.
Please write your questions and concerns in comments to the program on this site. I will reply as soon as possible.
I'll be glad to hear from you any suggestions and comments to further improve program.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Compatible with AutoCAD 2019 Individual settings for each leader style The leader with the block content (on the end) grew smarter - now you can put the part numbers in circles. There was an opportunity to set a lot of attributes in the block at the end of the leader and fill them with different properties for different templates New way to highlight objects - Blinking selection Settings Dialog on command ALD Switch leader styles in the settings dialog Drop-down lists with substitutions for easy template customization A separate template for "other objects" New command -ALD for console configuration Now, instead of the values of the properties of objects, substitutions can be replaced with AutoCAD Fields New option in Common Options: Use fields|
|• Compatible with Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2019 • New version numbering • New substitution - %asymv%, %tech%, %thickness% • New activation window • Fixed: Error “accore.dll” on AutoCAD 2017 and 2018 x32|
|Fractional length formats Correct name for dynamic block Show any dynamic block parameter AutoCAD 2017 compatibility Demo version Support Texture solid property (from Names 2.0 plugin)|
First public version