Miter JointWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
- Select one straight (linear) edge of a solid using Ctrl.
- Call the command "Miter Joint" with a button from the ribbon or by typing Miter on the command line.
- If an edge has not yet been selected or several edges have been selected, the program will ask you to select an edge. Just click on it once.
- The edge must be linear, arcs and curves will cause an error.
- The program will stand the bisector of the angle between the tangents to the adjacent surfaces and cut the solid into 2 parts.
- Next, the program again asks you to select an edge. You can choose an edge on the same or on another solid. Keep in mind that all changes made to the same command are rolled back at the same time.
- If you don’t need to cut anymore, press ESC.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Cutting the solid along the bisector of the angle of joining of two surfaces.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
A plugin can work with 3D-solids only. It does not work with Meshes, Surfaces, and Blocks.
Just like other Autodesk® AutoCAD® commands, my program is unable to work with the solids imported from other programs.
The angle bisector does not have to get into the joint of the surfaces on the back of the part. The bisector section only works when the parts to be joined have the same thickness. Joints of curved parts can also be drawn not according to the bisector. For such cases, use regular _slice.
- The cutting plane is infinite, therefore, a sinuous or annular solid can be cut in several places. Extra cuts can then be glued together with the _union command.
- Do not use the edge of dadoes and pockets for Miter. The presence of the bottom at the dado confuses the program and the secant plane can be constructed unfolded 90 degrees. Use only ribs that pass through the entire part.
- In some versions of AutoCAD, the _slice command can cause fatal errors. Do not forget to save regularly.
- Cutting solid by any means leads to the loss of information about the color/material of the faces. This is an irreparable AutoCAD bug. Paint surfaces only after modeling is complete.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|First public version.|