JTB BatchAttEditWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
- Run JTB_BatchAttEdit command from command line or from ribbon button on Add-ins (or Plug-ins) tab.
- JTB BatchAttEdit window will show up. On the left panel, there are drawing lists and a log text box. On the right panel, there are block name wildcards, and a wide spreadsheet to display and edit attributes.
- Enter Block Name Wildcards. You can specify more than 1 wildcard by separating them with ";". E.g. *title block*; *A3*. Click the drop-down arrow button to access recent wildcards that you have entered.
- Click "Add" button to add drawings to a drawing list. This also triggers the app to scan all drawings. Firstly, it finds blocks that match the block name wildcard. Then, in each found block, attributes will be collected and shown on the spreadsheet.
- Hint: after scanning the drawings, the log text box will list all block names in all drawings. If you don't find your block in the spreadsheet, check this list and edit your block name wildcard, hit Enter key to scan drawings again.
- Check or uncheck the Attribute Sync option. If Attribute Sync is checked, attributes of each found block will be synced with the block definition. Attributes that are not in definition will be deleted. Missing attributes will be created, using a default attribute value.
- Right click on a drawing list and/or spreadsheet to access the popup menu of commands.
- When working on the spreadsheet, you can select multiple cells, use keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+D to copy cell down; Ctrl+R to copy cell right; Ctrl+L to copy cell left; Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to copy and paste text. Undo and Redo features are also available via Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y keyboard shortcuts.
- Finally, click "Apply Attribute Changes".
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Use this command to activate the app. You can also open activation window by clicking on the "Activate" button directly on JTB BatchAttEdit window.
JTB BatchAttEdit window will show up. Select drawings, enter block name wildcards. Then the app will scan all drawings, collect attributes in all blocks that match the block name wildcards, then display them in a wide spreadsheet. Edit those attribute texts as you are working with Excel. Once done, click "Apply Attribute Changes". Attribute values will be updated to drawings.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR
On Windows 10 Version 1703 or later press Windows+I on the keyboard to access Settings or click the lower-left Start button on the desktop to expand Start Menu, and then select Settings in it. Click on Apps. On Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (older than Version 1703) click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features or Control Panel > Add. On Windows XP click Control Panel > Programs > Remove Programs.
This app doesn't work with fields. Don't edit attribute that has fields.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Added Import / Export to Excel. Add filter for each column. Fix bugs in columns of attributes with similar tag. Find block on screen. Zoom to selected block Fix bug if block is on locked layer. Enhance performance. Fix bug in some automation cases.|