MINDIST – Minimum Distance CheckerWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
There are 5 different methods to use when checking. Each is coded to allow selection of mixed blocked or non-blocked selections and filter by layer.
If wide polylines are selected, a temp outline will be made of the wide polyline. This is in order to find the outer most edge of the wide polyline and not from center of wide polyline.
1. Pick the Select Two Geometric Entities option to use a window-selection for objects (measures all geometric objects).
2. Pick the Select Geometric Entities by Window option to use a window-selection for objects not in a block.
3. Pick the Select Geometric Entities by Window and Ignore Distance Inside Block option to use a window-selection for objects but ignore the distance among the objects inside blocks.
4. Pick the Select Geometric Entities by Layer option to automatically check objects that are on the selected layer in the Layer pop list.
5. Pick the Select Geometric Entities by Layer and Ignore Distance Inside Block option to automatically check objects that are on the selected layer in the Layer pop list but ignore the distance among the objects inside blocks.
Pick OK and a different prompts appear:
If Select Two Geometric Entities:
PROMPT: select 1st Entity: Pick the first object to measure from.
PROMPT: Select 2nd Entity: Pick the next object to measure to.
If Select Geometric Entities by Window:
PROMPT: Select objects: Pick or window the 2 objects and press <ENTER> when done selecting.
If By Layer option was selected, the routine will automatically run on the selected layer.
After checking, a window and response will appear and the objects will be flagged on screen at their closest points.
RESPONSE: The minimum distance is 5.2556 at
X1 = 16.8660 Y1 =13.7039
X2 = 21.3990 Y2 =11.0441
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Searches the minimum distance in a design, finds design errors, and will flag on-screen plus list the minimum distance value and X/Y coordinates
The installer that ran when you downloaded this plug-in from Autodesk App Store has already installed the plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, and uninstall as you would any other application from your system. For Installation help and Requirements, visit our Apps Support page
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Initial Release - updated|