Structural Steel Shapes Detailing
Structural Steel Shapes 2D/3D includes W-Shapes, channels, single/double angles, square & rectangular tubing, pipes, M, S, HP shapes and tees as listed in the Steel Manual. All steel shapes are created from a single polyline and made into an AutoCAD block when inserted as section views.
All structural steel shapes are parametrically drawn according to the “Manual of Steel Construction” of the American Institute of Steel Construction, Inc. Steel shapes use external data files for use with other structural standards.
One main dialog controls access to all shapes allowing multiple insertion points, layer, color, linetype control and the ability for the user to specify exaggerated dimensions, for details, before placement of each shape.
Shape Libraries include:
- LRFDV13 AISC
- LRFD3 AISC
- LRFD2 AISC
- LRFD1 AISC
- ASD9 AISC
- ASD8 AISC
- ASD7 AISC
- ASD6 AISC
- ASD5 AISC
- LRFDV13 MAISC
- LRFD3 MAISC
- Create shapes in plan, section, elevation or single line as required.
- Create simple or complex shapes made from a single non-segmented polyline.
- Shapes are created as an AutoCAD block to keep file size minimized.
- Ability to cope ends of W-Shapes in elevation view.
- List shape properties from drawing after shape placement or within dialog box.
- All shapes are created parametrically from external data files.
- Shapes are attached to cursor based on insertion point selected and rotated after placement.
- Automatic shape notation by selecting inserted shape.
- User defined dimensions for shape details.
- A grid option allows the user to select a steel shape to be placed at the intersection of several grid lines.