The "NC Preparation" (NCP) command automates the creation of contours and the detailing of drawings as much as possible. The command is useful for those who make drawings of parts from flat materials (chipboard, MDF, plywood, steel sheets) and prepare them for CNC or manual manufacturing. For example, furniture makers, woodworkers and exhibitors. Create a model from 3D solids, and lay out the parts in the XY plane. Further, the program will recognize the geometry of the parts and create flat contours for milling, sawing, and drilling. The resulting contours will be prepared according to the rules of popular CAM programs, polyline layers will contain information about processing parameters. You can also create a viewport with all the details on the layout and call this command to label and dimension.
Features of the program
- The NCP command can be called both in model space and on layout sheets with viewports. The number of parts in one viewport is not limited - all will be processed in 1 click.
- It searches for details (3D Solid) that are visible through the viewport.
- Makes flat contours of the part, pockets, dadoes, holes, sawing lines, and edge lines of 5-axis machining surfaces with the "Outside Loop" command. The contours will be optimized and spread across layers.
- Separately recognized through and blind processing; inclined end processing.
- Expands contours for dadoes to the width of the cutter to the outside of the part.
- Make the cutter outputs beyond the side of the part for complete cutting of the dadoes.
- Handles the corners of the contours with the Inside Corner or Fillet Polyline command.
- Calculates the depths of milling dadoes, the angles of inclination of the ends and writes them into the layer name.
- Specifies the direction, diameter, and depth of the holes in the drill layer name.
- On closed contours, you can put down the entry point of the cutter in the part - an additional node polyline in the middle of the longest liner segment.
- The program can find the dadoes and edges suitable for sawing with a circular saw in 1 or 2 passes and create saw lines in the center of the blade of a given thickness.
- The program can create a Pseudo-3D image from lines and circles, unfolded in space using the pseudo-3D Thickness property.
- Can replace the contours of non-vertical drilling with special blocks.
- After creating the contours of the part, the program can call the Dimensions for Detailing (DimDet) command, which will create all the necessary annotations: dimensions and leaders.
- The height of an MTexts in the model space found will be corrected (see the command TextHeightUpdate)
- The program has flexible settings, all features can be disabled.
- Tolerances and accuracy of calculations can be adjusted.
- The names of all layers are customizable. They can record any part parameters and even processing parameters saved in the material properties of the parts.
- Already configured 9 CNC styles for different naming layers, different modes and machines.
- Milling Through/Inside
- Milling Inlay
- Milling Biesse BSolid CNI
- Milling BiesseWorks TCH
- Milling Homag WoodWOP (German or English layer names)
- Milling Thermwood
- You can use layers, styles, and mark-blocks from a template file.
- The default settings automatically adapt to an inch or millimeter drawings
To run the plugin, you will have to register your account and top up your account balance by making a donation or receiving bonuses.
Then you can activate one of the licenses:
Annual license - 20 USD.
Unlimited license - 100 USD. Free updates for 1 year.
The trial period is 20 days.
All functions of creating contours and annotations can also be used in the DXF Export command.
- Annual license - 20 USD.
- Unlimited license - 100 USD. Free updates for 1 year.
- The trial period is 20 days.
The best tool for every designer who also has to put his ideas on paper. Everything else makes no sense and is error-prone. But the combination with numbering, table output, explosion, labelling, etc., must be right. And it can only do that in a set.