Read Help Document
This fixture placement program is primarily aimed at accelerating the design of furniture and products made from particleboard, MDF, etc. The program will insert the fasteners and fixtures for flat parts that are connected at right angles. If you use solid modeling in Autodesk® AutoCAD®, then this program will allow you to radically decrease the effort spent on joining parts or adding hardware. This program does not require the overhead of learning to use and/or paying for a very complex specialized furniture program. It is a very user-friendly application that will save time and reduce the number of errors that would have been made by doing the work manually.
Download the plugin in the AVC_Fixture_nnnn_nn.7z archive
You can download and use the program for free, but from time to time the activation window will appear. If you donate $15, you can disable this window.
- The program can itself find the joints of two flat parts (solids). You can choose several details at once. Fixtures will be placed at all suitable joints.
- The program will discard details that are not suitable for the connection. The parameters of suitable parts can be adjusted for each type of fixture.
- With the program comes a small library of popular fixtures: RTA fittings, Fasteners, Furniture hinges, Shelf holders, Hardware, Confirmat, Minifix, Häfele Rafix, Angle Bracket, Catches, Wood Dowel and Biscuits, Door Locks and Latch, Intersection Sleeve and Tapping screw. These elements - blocks containing solids- are convenient to use for further subtraction of fixing holes using the command Drill.
- You can create new fixtures yourself. Fixtures must be pre-created as blocks, with properly deployed solids inside.
- The fixture-block, drawn in the millimeter drawing, can be inserted into inch drawings. The program itself will take care of scaling and converting settings. Just set up the units of your drawing (INSUNITS = 4 or 1).
- A convenient dialog box allows you to quickly select the required fixtures and adjust the settings of the arrangement.
- You can select the fixture-blocks from a template file or from other drawings. The program itself copies the block to the current drawing.
- For the selected parts, the program finds two adjacent flat surfaces and arranges the fixture-blocks on a straight line along the long side of this joint.
- You can customize the program to find the joints of the parts, even if there is a gap between the parts.
- It does not matter how the joint in space is unfolded. In any case, the program will rotate fixture for parts.
- The program can check whether the selected parts for the dimensions of this fixture are not too small.
- You can adjust the distance from the edge of the joint to the first part and the maximum step of repeating the fixtures.
- You can limit the length of the fixture installation with the width of the drilling machine. In this case, the program will try to arrange the fasteners from both ends of the joint.
- You can force the program to adjust the distance from the corner of the part to the fixture to the furniture standard 32 mm additive step.
- You can adjust the depth of the mounting furniture or set the alignment in the middle of the thickness of the end piece.
- The settings for alignment are stored in invisible attributes of the fixture-block and copied together with the block. You can create as many identical fixture-blocks with different alignment settings. Copies of blocks are done in 1 click.
- You can easily rename the fixture-blocks right in the settings dialog.
- The program remembers the name of the last used block and can use the same fixture on the next call without unnecessary requests.
- The command has command-line options, thanks to which you can create your own buttons and palettes to arrange different fixtures.
About This VersionVersion 2018.3, 4/12/2018