IDEA StatiCa Viewer for Autodesk® Advance Steel®Win64, English
General Usage Instructions
1. Install the plugin.
2. Open the project in Autodesk Advance Steel, and design the steel connection. (You can use the sample project.)
3. Use the button in the top ribbon (IDEA StatiCa – Viewer plugin).
4. The first time you use the Viewer plugin, the application asks for a sign-in. Use your credentials for your IDEA StatiCa license. If you do not have the account (any type of a license) yet, please sign up for a trial license and the credentials will be sent to you. Don't worry, you will be able to use the plugin for free even after the 14-day trial period.
5. A new wizard window of the IDEA StatiCa Viewer plugin opens.
6. Now, you can select the national standard you want to use.
7. You can select between Bulk and One selection.
8. For the ONE option, follow the instructions from the command line in Advance Steel:
a) Select the point representing the node of the connection.
b) Select the members of the connection (beams, columns …). Confirm the selection by spacebar.
c) Select all the other entities (plates, bolts, welds …). Confirm the selection by spacebar.
9. BULK selection works as follows: Press Bulk and select the corresponding connections in Advance Steel. Confirm the selection with a spacebar.
10. IDEA StatiCa offers the export of additional recommended welds (welds that may be needed for the proper connection between members and plates in the model).
11. If the material is not recognized, IDEA StatiCa displays the conversion table where the appropriate material can be assigned from the list.
12. The wizard starts communicating with the server. After a while, your connections are exported, and you will see the list and the status. Internet connection is necessary.
13. Now, you can select several actions, both for a single connection (Current item) or all items from the list:
- VIEW Opens the web browser with the connection in the online Viewer.
- SYNCHRONIZE Reads the changes in the already exported connections. It is possible to sync changes like changed cross-sections, sizes/thicknesses of plates, changed bolts, etc.
- DELETE Deletes the already exported connection from the list.
- IDEA StatiCa FILE Downloads the .ideacon file to your machine. This file may be opened in IDEA StatiCa Connection, provided you have a valid license.
14. Other actions can be taken in the Viewer app. To download the 3D DWG file or IDEA StatiCa file, use the corresponding commands under the Project tab.
Run idea-statica-viewer-plugin-advance-steel.msi install file as Administrator to install the plugin. To uninstall the plugin, use the standard Microsoft tools.
- Internet connection during the export process
- Operating system
Minimum: Windows 8.1, 10 64 bit (necessary to update your Windows 8.1 or install Visual C++ Redistributable Package)
Recommendation: Windows 10, 64 bit
Microsoft net Framework 4.8 or higher (download here)
- Display Card
Minimum: Windows True Color display adapter with 1024x768 resolution
Recommendation: Single OpenGL 4.2 compatible graphics card with 8 GB RAM, up to 2560 x 1600 resolution
Note: Incorrect imaging may occur in the case of integrated graphics (INTEL chip)
Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64
Recommendation: Intel Core i7 or Core i5 processor and compatible
Minimum: 4 GB
Recommendation: 8 GB
Disk Space for installation – 0.7 GB
Please check the availability of the cloud service at https://viewer.ideastatica.com/ConnectionViewer.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|IDEA StatiCa Viewer for Advance Steel IDEA StatiCa version 184.108.40.20671 Released Oct 28, 2023|
|IDEA StatiCa Viewer for Advance Steel IDEA StatiCa version 220.127.116.115 Released Jun 28, 2022|
|IDEA StatiCa Viewer for Advance Steel IDEA StatiCa version 18.104.22.1685 Released Jun 17, 2022|
|IDEA StatiCa Viewer for Autodesk® Advance Steel® IDEA StatiCa version 22.214.171.1240 Released Nov 11, 2021|
|IDEA StatiCa Viewer for Autodesk® Advance Steel® IDEA StatiCa version 20.1.2515 Released 06/10/2020|
|IDEA StatiCa Viewer for Autodesk® Advance Steel® IDEA StatiCa version 10.1.117 Released 14/02/2020|