Sketchfab is a web service to publish, share and embed interactive 3D models online. This app, once installed, adds a "publish to Sketchfab" button in AutoCAD®, letting you publish your 3D models to Sketchfab in 1 click! Once your models are in Sketchfab, you can share them simply using the url for anyone to view directly in the browser. You can also embed your models and the viewer on any web page, as easily as a YouTube video.
Here is a tutorial: http://blog.sketchfab.com/post/48635739045/autocad-to-sketchfab-exporter
And a video demo: http://vimeo.com/sketchfab/autocadexporter
1. Create your free account on http://sketchfab.com.
2. Download the Plug-in and install.
3. Run AutoCAD, and make sure that the Sketchfab plug-in is loaded. Go to Plug-ins ribbon tab, Publish to Sketchfab ribbon button should be available.
4. When you click on Publish to Sketchfab, a dialog shows up where you can type in properties of the model.
5. Enter your private API key: you can find it on your Sketchfab dashboard.
6. When you click on the Publish button the model is uploaded to sketchfab.com. Once it completes, Sketchfab page is opened in the browser. You can then embed the viewer with your model on any webpage!
Note: the model is exported in DWF format. Texture information isn't preserved.
About This VersionVersion 1.0.1, 4/12/2016
updated for new AutoCAD