Lapis (Trial)Win32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
- Setup the coordinate system of your drawing. With AutoCAD® Map 3D or AutoCAD® Civil® 3D this can be done by using the MAPCSASSIGN command from the command line window. Make sure to setup the drawing with the same EPSG code as required by the web service used by the provider.
- Create a polyline rectangle to cover the project area of where you want to retrieve GIS data from and save it to the drawing. This step isn’t necessary but helps you to use the rectangle as a reference from where you want GIS data from.
- Start the Lapis application via the Add-ins or Plugins Ribbon menu by clicking on the ‘Geofinder’ icon.
- If you hadn’t defined the drawing project coordinate system, then you still can do this by clicking the [Coordinate System] button.
- Click the [Define Window >] button to pick two points of a rectangle which covers the project area of where you want to retrieve GIS data from. Use the corners of the polygon you created in the second step of this instruction.
- Select the Settings Tab and set your working folder of where all downloaded data will be stored.
- Select the tab for the type of GIS data you want to retrieve data from.
- Select the web service provider, the Layer, Coverage or Feature Type name, and the file type format.
- Select if required any additional option end click the [Download] button.
In the User’s Documents\Lapis folder 3 ini files are supplied as a start to use with the application for the web services providers that are listed in these files.
Edit the appropriate text file to add/edit the URL from the web service provider and save the file.
If the app is opened in AutoCAD, please restart the Lapis app to see the result of the adjusted ini file.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help with that.
Make sure you are connected to the internet before clicking the download buttons in each of the TABS of the application.
Sample files are provided in the SampleFiles folder.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Find and clip the requested Geo information within a selected window from web services servers.
The application exists of one setup.exe, will install into the following folders:
- C:\Programdata\Autodesk\Applicationplugins\Draftworx Lapis.bundle
Via Control Panel > Programs and Features
Prerequisites 32bit (setup.exe):
- gdal-111-1500-core.msi > C:\Program Files\GDAL
- gdal-111-1500-filegdb.msi > C:\Program Files\GDAL
- wget-1.11.4-1-setup.exe > C:\Program Files\GnuWin32
Prerequisites 64bit (setup.exe):
- gdal-111-1500-x64-core.msi > C:\Program Files\GDAL
- gdal-111-1500-x64-filegdb.msi > C:\Program Files\GDAL
- wget-1.11.4-1-setup.exe > C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32
Sample Files (DWG):
- Canada - City of Toronto
- Belgium - Ghent
- Netherlands - Stevensweert
- once you've purchased the app from the app store, you will receive within 2 to 3 business days a serial key for activation. In the mean time you can use the product for 30 days.
- when you receive the serial key, you can then use this serial key to activate your product online or by email from within the activation screen.
- online activation is done instantly. Activation by email can take up to 2 to 3 business days. By email you'll receive an activation code which you can enter in the activation window.
For downloading GIS data, an internet connection is required. It can happen when bandwidth is too small or internet connection is dropping, the download will not occur and no data is created.
For all countries: Drawing should be set up in and with the same EPSG based project coordinate system as the URL provided by the web service provider or else GIS data will have a remarkable offset in X and Y direction or will display an empty (white) image.
Creating aerial images of more than over 100 tiles with a low internet bandwidth can take a lot of time. Use the low quality (preview) first before downloading the high quality image.
Creating a Surface in Civil 3D from a big area is very time consuming.
|Version Number||Version Description|
Hotfix for Surface creation in AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2016.
Imported imagery will be send to back (draworder) automatically.
Hotfix for big imagery TIFF file size creation. Now 15% of previous file size.
Counter and time estimation added for downloading high quality imagery with lots of tiles.
Support for 2016 versions
Support for AutoCAD® Map 3D products
Fixed small x64 installation bug
Support for non-English AutoCAD Languague versions
Fixed FILEDIA issues
Fixed Admin install issues with ini files to user folder
First release submitted to Exchange App Store