ARCTAN- Tangent ARC CreationWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
To run the APP, type ARCTAN and press <Enter> or pick the ARCTAN icon from the Plug-ins Ribbon Tab (or Add-ins tab). Check or uncheck the Tangent to Line Extension check box and set the Arc Radius to a radius value. Pick the OK button and the following prompts appear:
- Starting point: select a starting point for the beginning of the ARC
- Pick tangent line: Select the tangent line to draw the end of the Arc.
- The prompt repeats until the <Enter> key is pressed.
If an Error message appears (see below Settings and Options for the 3 user-defined settings), run the command again and set a new radius or check / uncheck the Tangent to Line Extensions function.
1. If Tangent to Line Extension? Check box = ON then ARCTAN will only consider the area contained within the ‘tangent’ line (start point and end points) to draw the ARC. A warning box will appear if the Arc would be drawn (ending point of Arc) outside of the ‘tangent’ Line. Another explanation is if the “selected starting point” is picked beyond or outside the start point or end point of the ‘tangent line’ then ARCTAN will give warning and prompt to pick a new point.
2. If Tangent to Line Extension?Check box = OFF then ARCTAN will allow to pick any starting point but stay on the tangent angle of the line, even if picked outside.
3. If Arc Radius value is set to a value and when user picks a point that exceeds the Radius, a message appears that shows the current Radius and the actual “picked point” that would exceed the radius. Pick a new point that is within the Radius (see below how it’s measured below):
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Draws an ARC object based on a user-defined radius and ends at a point that is Tangent to the straight segment of either a Line or Polyline object.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this plug-in from Autodesk App Store has already installed the plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, and uninstall as you would any other application from your system. For Installation help and Requirements, visit our Apps Support page
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Minor fix, no interface or functional changes to the app itself|
|Improved installer to address Startups Paths in User's Profile with limited text characters.|
Added Support Files for ARX compatibility in Windows 8.1