CAD Monkey is a program created by an Architect and a Programmer. Together, these partners created the program with one goal in mind; give time back to the design professional to focus on their trade. CAD Monkey is not here to replace the creative function of Architects, Engineers or Designers. It’s your time and fee so spend it where you want to!
CAD Monkey Free sets up your Model Space external references, but we’re working to add a Title Block Template to create XREF’s in paper space as well.
CAD Monkey Free will provide five working documents all linked together following the format of a simple Architectural Project (Demolition, Construction, Power & Equipment, Ceiling & Finish Plans). This is just a starting point so you can use these files however you want. We're also working on a fully customizable version with countless XREF options.
CAD Monkey automates the process of creating External References (or XREFs) and linking multiple drawings together saving you time to do what you care about.
- Just fill in the project number and we will create all the drawings and XREFs.
- Within seconds you’ll have a project specific set of CAD documents created so you can get to work.
- We start by asking you a few simple questions about what you want your file structure to look like.
- You can choose to have standard Autodesk® AutoCAD® templates or your own firm’s specific templates.
- All your XREFs are set up as Relative Path references meaning you can move all your files to a project specific folder and not have to worry about the files disconnecting.
Because we know you are visual people, we’ve included many descriptive images.
Still have questions, comments, ideas to make CAD Monkey work better? We’d love to hear from you at CADMonkeyLLP@gmail.com.