Batch attribute block ref. creation from worksheet
Autodesk® AutoCAD® block & block with attributes is great; Microsoft® Excel® worksheet autofill is also marvelous. Why don't we combine them?
This app is designed to make use of both of the above great features in one place: You can batch create block references with attributes read from a Microsoft® Excel® worksheet. Each worksheet column can be set corresponding to an attribute tag; each worksheet row text data corresponds to a block reference attributes' values.
Data required for positioning block references in the drawing are also retrieved from the worksheet, the same mechanic as the attribute, except the data type is numeric. Block references can be positioned in one of the following manners:
- Along with a profile view;
- By X, Y coordinates values in WCS;
- Along a 2D polyline;
- Along a Civil 3D alignment (Option (4) only available in Autodesk® Civil 3D® application).
Typical usage scenarios are:
- Insert structure block refs along profile/ alignment (eg: manhole block, pier/abutment block, culvert block, traffic sign block, tree block....)
- Insert description/comment block refs for those structures along with profile/ alignment
Typically, the app works with World Coordinates System (WCS) and Model space.
If the User Coordinate System (UCS) was used in the model, an implicit transformation to WCS is applied; App also works in Paper space (Layout) or inside an active Viewport, but in such cases, it is recommended that users should double-check the results before mass production.
- Users will get a message if this App is launched from a virtual machine. The app launched from a virtual machine will limit the attributes numbers that can retrieve data from a worksheet to four (4) attributes;
- Sample drawings and worksheets are placed in %programdata%\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\NTCL_BlockFromWorksheet.Bundle\Contents\SampleDrawings
- The trial duration is 30 days. The trial version limits the attributes numbers that can retrieve data from the worksheet to four (4) attributes;
- Users do not have to do any registration or sign in to their Autodesk account to run this trial App.
- When the trial period has expired, users can get paid version of this app from Autodesk App Store: https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=5105879388281061869&appLang=en&os=Win64