General Usage Instructions
Instructions for Adding Lean4Team to an Autodesk® BIM360® Account: BIM 360 Admins can find the Lean4Team BIM 360 Integration in Account Administration under the “Apps” tab. Select to add to your BIM 360 Account. Your Lean4Team BIM 360 Integration is now active in BIM 360.
Lean is a proven approach to build a culture that drives operational stability; however, its principles, born in manufacturing and software development, need to be translated into Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) language. Lean4Team is a translation of lean manufacturing and lean IT practices to the AEC domain.
Lean4Team creates a visual model of your team’s work and workflow that’s unlike those shown in list-based tools. Lean4Team provides a single view of the work that teams can easily access and interact with across multiple locations.
To quickly get started with Lean4Team, you should understand the following concepts:
- Kanban method
- Kanban board
The Kanban method is a set of principles and tools for managing and improving the flow of work. Lean4Team is a tool for implementing the Kanban method in practice.
Kanban usually means a board for visualizing the flow of work. The kanban board is populated by cards that represent work items. Cards flow from left to right through lanes—the series of steps or states that appear as columns on the board.
Team members move cards across the board using drag and drop to reflect their current status.
Additional knowledge of the Lean Construction method and the Last Planner method are later desirable. With this advanced knowledge, you create individual project structure plans. In addition, you will perform collaborative digital project meetings.
Lean4Team offers flexible card layout to communicate important information visually. You can attach documents to your cards, including 3D models managed by your Autodesk BIM 360 account.
Before you install: Please note that Lean4Team runs on Microsoft Windows 8.1 or 10. Windows 7 is not supported.
1. Download the file 'Lean4TeamClientCEsetup'. Before opening, unblock the file you have downloaded to no longer get the "Open File - Security Warning" prompt when you open the file. While the file is on your desktop or in one of your user folders, right click on the file, and click on Properties. Then, under the General tab, click on the Unblock button, and click on OK (if you do not see an Unblock button, then the file has already been unblocked). If prompted, click on Continue, and click on Yes (if administrator) or enter the password of administrator (if standard user) for UAC prompt.
2. Unzip the file 'Lean4TeamClientCEsetup' to any folder on your computer. There is only one file (setupClientCE.exe) inside the ZIP archive.
3. Run the file 'setupClientCE.exe' as Administrator. It will install software on your computer. The application shortcut will be created on your Windows Desktop.
First steps in the application
- After the launch of Lean4Team CE you can see the board "BIM 360".
- Open the board with a double-click with the left mouse button.
- Now the board continues...
- Click on the blue Card "Task"
- Click on "Modify"
- Click on the plus sign under attachments.
- Click on BIM 360.
- Click on the icon to the right of the empty input field.
- The first time you will be asked to log in to BIM 360. You must allow Lean4Team access to your data.
- Just wait a moment... Select a file and click on Ok.
- Click on Attachments and afterward on "Save".
- Select the attachment. On the left side, the integrated viewer from Autodesk opens.
- Select one or more objects. At the top of the menu bar, there is a disc icon with an eye. Click on it.
- The selected objects are stored in a textbox and as an image in the panel on the right.
- Now your team will wait for your further instructions.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|This version allows you to attach models, drawings and other project-related documents stored in your Autodesk BIM 360 account, to Lean4Team cards that represent project tasks.|