EC3 for Autodesk® BIM 360®, English
General Usage Instructions
You will need an EC3 account, and you will need to enable 'EC3 for BIM 360' as an app in your account.
- If you don't have an EC3 account, you can register for a free account at https://buildingtransparency.org/auth/register
- If you haven't enabled EC3 for BIM 360, open the Account Admin page on https://docs.b360.autodesk.com, select the Apps tab, find the EC3 for BIM 360 app, and enable it.
- Log into EC3 at www.buildingtransparency.org
- Navigate to 'Plan and Compare Buildings' from the left sidebar.
- Select 'Import from BIM 360' to import material quantities from a BIM model into EC3.
- A popup will open and request your BIM 360 credentials. Log in using your BIM 360 credentials, including two-factor authentication if necessary.
- Enable the app to access your 'Data'.
- A navigator will appear, showing the files in your https://docs.b360.autodesk.com account. Navigate to the building to be uploaded.
- Look for RVT files with an 'import' link to be able to import files.
- The import may take 15 seconds to two minutes. Follow the link on the completion page to the newly imported building project.
- Select 'Map from BIM' to drag-and-drop Autodesk® Revit® Families into Uniformat or MasterFormat, if desired.
- Using the cues from the 'Structural Material' properties, enter specifications (e.g. strength, slump).
- View location-specific data on material impacts and recommended specifications for carbon reductions likely to come at zero or low additional cost.
- View carbon intensity and carbon savings in 3D Large Model Viewer and using rich visualizations.
EC3 is a free, open-source tool supported by building owners, construction professionals, companies, and manufacturers. The original development of EC3 by C Change Labs was funded in the public interest by Skanska USA®, Microsoft®, Interface®, the Charles Pankow Foundation, the MKA Foundation, and an industry alliance led by the Carbon Leadership Forum. The BIM 360 integration was funded by a grant from Autodesk.
EC3 supports Chrome, Edge, Safari, and Firefox, but not IE11.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Public Release Candidate.|