Power Search 2021, English
General Usage Instructions
Use Power Search’s advanced search features for your BIM 360 projects and documents.
Step 1: BIM 360 Administrator needs to Authorize app
- If you are a new user, forward the instructions below to the BIM 360 Administrator in your company:
- Login to https://apps.b360.autodesk.com/
- Make sure you are on the Account Admin page, then click on the APPS tab.
- Select the “Power Search” app and click on Add to BIM 360.
- Authorize the application by clicking Authorize.
Step 2: Signing up
- Browse to https://power.blacksmithsoft.com/
- Click on Sign Up Now and fill out the sign-up form.
- Check your mailbox for a confirmation email and follow instructions to activate your account.
Step 3: Signing in and basic use
- Browse to https://power.blacksmithsoft.com/ and sign in with your username and password.
- Click the Authorize BIM 360 button. On the next screen click the ALLOW button.
- On the left side of your screen, double click on a folder to select, or Find a folder.
- On the right side of the screen select and enter the criteria you wish to search for and click search. Multiple search criteria are allowed.
- Search results will appear in the bottom half of the screen. Click on any files to open them in BIM 360, or download them directly to your device.
- You can export any results to Microsoft® Excel by clicking Download result as XLS.
Not compatible with Internet Explorer (IE).
Support email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For support and documentation please visit: https://blacksmithsoft.com/docs/power-search-for-bim-360/
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Added the ability to search by file size. Performance enhancements and stability.|
|Add Editor Mode to allow for editing of custom attributes, filtering by Excel, and copying files to folders. Performance enhancements and stability.|
|Now with Customs Attribute searching and exporting to Excel. Performance enhancements and stability.|
|Added option to open the folders of the searched items. Performance enhancements and stability.|
|Ability to do multi-criteria searches for files based on name, version, date, created by, created on, last modified, last modified by, and file type.|