General Usage Instructions
- Make sure your BIM 360 account administrator approves using "AutoDownloader" to back up the cloud files to local copies.
- Log in to BIM 360 with an account that has the "Account Admin" privilege, to do a one-off AutoDownloader and BIM 360 integration process. (refer to the integration video).
- Install and launch the AutoDownloader desktop app, you can get detailed integration instruction PDF from the app start-up a dialogue.
- Login AutoDownloader with your Autodesk credentials (refer to Autodownloader help video).
- Select a local drive and folder for storing your downloaded files, it is highly recommended you use an external hard disk with plenty of spare capacities, e.g. 500 GB + space. Also, consider your internet speed and data allowance as a large amount of data would be downloaded with AutoDownloader.
- Browse and select folders or individual files then click the "Start backup" button. Note all subfolder files will be downloaded, so carefully select a lower-level folder to make sure not accidentally trying to download too much data.
- Once the download is finished, you may click the "Clear all" button to clear the list.
Download the installation file from the Autodesk App Store and launch "AutoDownloaderInstaller.msi", follow the instructions to install the application. You can uninstall it from 'Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8.1/10), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
For Autodesk® Revit® collaboration models (C4R) on BIM 360 Docs, AutoDownloader will download all the linked models for you, and then compact them into a single .ZIP file.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|First public release.|