EC3 for Autodesk BIM 360 allows Autodesk® Revit® users to export BIM models from BIM 360 directly to the Embodied Carbon in Construction Calculator (EC3) hosted at buildingtransparency.org.
- Export material types and quantity take-offs from BIM 360, avoiding the need for manual take-off.
- Display embodied carbon intensity and savings in the Large Model Viewer (LMV).
- Generate recommendations for specifying affordable, low-carbon construction materials.
You will need an EC3 account, and you will need to enable 'EC3 for BIM 360' as an app in your account.
- If you don't have an EC3 account, you can register for a free account at https://buildingtransparency.org/auth/register
- If you haven't enabled EC3 for BIM 360, open the Account Admin page on https://docs.b360.autodesk.com, select the Apps tab, find the EC3 for BIM 360 app, and enable it. This is an account-level setting, so it only needs to be done once and applies to all users on the BIM 360 Account.
- If your account has <100 users, you may need to send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to enable apps activations before you can add EC3.
EC3 supports Chrome, Edge, Safari, and Firefox, but not IE11.