Area Object Link (AOL)Win32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
Type AOL or select AOL from Autodesk® AutoCAD® Ribbon > Add-ins > Area Object Link panel to start the command.
The first time AOL is executed, a graphic user interface (GUI) will appear displaying the current AOL Commands & Settings.
The end user can choose one of four AOL Area Object Commands to run:
- Link already drawn Circles, Ellipses, Hatches, Plines or Regions' Area value using Fields to an already placed Attribute, MText or Text
- Insert a pre-built AOL Block with Attributes & then link using Fields to already drawn Circles, Ellipses, Hatches, Plines or Regions' Area
- Show Circles, Ellipses, Hatches, Plines or Regions highlighted & shaded with Areas linked using Fields to selected Attribute, MText or Text
- Update Fields in Attributes, MText, Text & AOL Block Attributes with Area Object Links to match with the current AOL Option settings
AOL offers the following Option settings:
- Choose Imperial or Metric as your drawing unit standard
- Select an Insertion Scale factor to bring in the pre-built AOL Block Attribute
- Use the horizontal slide bar or enter a specific Rotation angle to insert the pre-built AOL Block Attribute
- The Area can be measured using a number of standard conversion Factors in both Imperial or Metric systems including an option to enter a Custom Factor
- Select the option to include a Suffix to the Area value
- Set a decimal Precision using Dot or Comma or Round the calculated Area value Up or Down
After the first time, the following occurrences of running AOL will automatically take on the previously selected Command & Option settings bypassing the GUI.
Type AOLSET or select AOLSET from AutoCAD's Ribbon > Add-ins > Area Object Link panel to bring the Command & Option settings GUI up again to make additional changes.
AOL command Links selected Circles, Ellipses, Hatches, Plines or Regions' Area value as a Field to a selected Block Attribute, MText or Text object.
AOLSET command brings up the Settings window to make changes to the command's default settings.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the app/plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button. OR, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8.1/10/11) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
The end user should set the AutoCAD Fieldeval system variable to 31 so that the Area saved as a Field in the Block Attribute or Text will automatically update.
Also as stated in AutoCAD help file on Fieldeval, one of the following commands will need to be executed for the Area value to automatically update: Open, Save, Plot, eTransmit and Regen.
|New App Icon on App Store Added under INSERT Command a Yes or No option so user can choose to link Attribute to Object's area. Added under PRECISION Dot or Comma option as symbol for decimal separator.
|Added the following features: LINK Command supports multiple & additional object selections: Circles, Ellipses and Regions. Attribute, Text or MText will be highlighted when selected for linking. If there are already linked objects, those will be pre-selected. INSERT Command added support for the rotation angle. AOL Block can be seen at the time of placement. SHOW Command now displays linked objects highlighted & shaded. Added new UPDATE Command to update Attribute, Text or MText with Field links to match the current selected AOL settings. Measuring Standard & Unit Setting sections merged into new Measuring Units section. Drawing units now support an additional Metric of 1 unit = 1 cm & dm. Area value can now be measured in Imperial units: Square Inch, Square Yard, Square Mile or Acre & in Metric units: Square Centimeter, Square Millimeter, Hectare or Square Kilometer. A custom conversion Factor can also be entered. Now each time AOL runs it'll check to make sure Fieldeval is set to 31.
|Added 2022 support. No change in version number.
Version 3.0.0 adds support for Text objects to be linked in addition to Block Attributes.
Version 2.0.0 adds support to toggle between Imperial & Metric drawing units and a selection of typical insertion scale factors.
Version 1.2.0 adds Ribbon Panel support.
Version 1.1.0 Show the Object that is already Linked to a given Block Attribute Area Object.
Version 1.0.0 Links selected Pline & Hatch Area Value to a Block Attribute or Inserts the Block Attribute and then Links to a selected Pline & Hatch Area Value.