General Usage Instructions
- Select the surface from the list displayed in the plugin interface. The user can also select the surface in the drawing.
- The user has the option to create child surfaces or just extract terrain information. If the creation of child surfaces is desired, check the “Create Surface” box, specify a prefix for the surface names, and select a surface style.
- The user can decide to insert texts with terrain information, regardless of whether child surfaces are created or not. For each polyline selected, the plugin will extract the terrain information within the limits of that polyline and will insert a text at the centroid of the polyline with the corresponding data value. A layer is created for each data type (e.g. layer “Mean Elevations”).
- The user can export the information to Excel by selecting the “Export summary to Excel” box.
- Finally, the user must click the “Select Polylines” button and select the polylines in the drawing that will define the outer boundary for the surfaces or/and the terrain data extraction.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
The QuickSurfaces app can be launched by clicking the corresponding button at the Adds-in tab or by typing qsurfaces in the command line.
The QuickSurfaces app can be installed by running the QuickSurfaces.msi file and following the instructions in the wizard. This will install the program in the following location: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins.
The first time the application is launched, the user will be asked to validate the license. The program will provide a Request Code that the user has to send to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the purchase order. Within 24 hours we will send you back an Authorization Code that will let you run the program. In the meantime, the program can be run in trial mode.
To uninstall the program, execute the same QuickSurfaces.msi file and follow the instructions.
If you have any questions regarding the licensing or use of the program or any suggestions or bugs to report, please contact us at email@example.com.
This app is also available for Autodesk® Civil 3D® 2015, 2016.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Third release: * Added 2023 product support. Second release: * Added 2021 product support.|
|Second release: * Added 2021 product support.|