Knovel Quick Search for AutoCADWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
General search and use
- Start up your AutoCAD project, and go to the Add-Ins tab.
- If you have successfully installed the Knovel Quick Search plugin, you will see a Knovel button in the ribbon above with a circular logo. Click on the button to expand the Knovel Quick search menu. Select the “Knovel” option to launch. This will bring up the plug-in window with search and settings options.
- Search: This brings up the search tab on the plugin, where users can input search terms to look for reference materials, material databases, guidelines and more.
- Settings: This brings up the settings tab on the plugin, where users can follow the link to retrieve their license key on the Knovel platform, and input it into the plugin to filter search results based on their subscription entitlement.
- From the search box, type in your search terms. You can search from broad subjects such as Geometry design using AutoCAD to more specific terms such as Turbine blade design. Scroll through the results, click on the relevant results to open it on the Knovel platform.
Limit search results to your content entitlement
- To limit search results shown by the content you’re entitled to, go to the settings tab on the plugin.
- Click on the link to authenticate get your subscription key on the platform. Copy and right-click to paste it back on the plugin and click Save.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
This button launches the Knovel Quick Search plugin from the add-ins tab above the ribbon.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this plug-in from Autodesk Exchange Apps has already installed the plug-in. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1) or Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP), and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
Want to do more with Knovel? Knovel is a cloud-based application integrating technical information with analytical and search tools to drive innovation and deliver answers engineers can trust. Knovel has more than 30 subject areas featuring guidance and best practice information on a wide range of topics including material selection and tolerances, environmental impacts, safety and compliance.
Our search functionality “understands” engineering language. Users can find data in tables, graphs, equations, and can execute numeric range and multi-variable searches. Knovel’s content includes more than 100,000 interactive tables, equation plotters, charts and graphs that can be manipulated and exported into other tools such as Excel or PTC’s Mathcad.
Come check out our other capabilities and tools, at http://app.knovel.com
|Version Number||Version Description|