Cloud2AlignmentWin32 and 64, English
General Usage Instructions
The output data can be used in Autodesk® software such as Autodesk® ReCap and Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® for more in depth analysis. Basically what this app does is make the analysis of point clouds in certain cases (vertical surfaces such as shaft walls, excavation walls, abutment walls, building walls etc.) easier.
This app requires below input.
- An alignment: the alignment is defined as a text file. Each text line contains the X and Y coordinates separated by a tab.
- The alignment can consist of multiple straight lines. If the alignment is closed the last point should not be given (the user can choose to "close" the alignment in the user interface).
- A Point cloud: a line for each point, point format XYZ (ENZ) or YXZ (NEZ), space or tab separated values The program only reads the first 3 values, so there can be abundant data in the file as long as the first 3 values are XYZ or YXZ
- The point format can be changed on the UI in case the alignment file and point cloud file have different point formats
- The user can adjust the max and min offsets from the alignment in order to limit the output data
- The output consists of a delimited text file
- The user can choose what calculated values to output and whether to include the original coordinate information
- Output values to choose from:
- original x,y,z
- side number (the incremental side number starting from 1)
- side station (the distance from the point along the alignment to the side's start point)
- alignment station (the distance from the point along the alignment to the alignment's first point)
- offset from the alignment (negative if on the left side, positive if on the right side)
- The user can choose to output a file for each side or a single file for all sides
- if a single file and multiple sides, some points (the points on the outer side of a corner) are given the NaN (not a number) value as their station alignment
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Launches the Cloud2Alignment dialog.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this plug-in from Autodesk App Store has already installed the plug-in. You may need to restart the Autodesk product to activate the plug-in.
To uninstall this plug-in, click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) or Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP), and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.
THIS IS A DATEBOMBED VERSION. THIS CURRENT VERSION WILL EXPIRE ON 1.5.2017.
Some offset limit values cause the program not to do the analysis. This is due to round off errors. WIll be fixed if enough users request it.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|First published version, expiration date 1.5.2017. A few known bugs: - some offset values lead to errors (program refuses to do analysis but doesn't crash)|