TA Roads Toolkit
TA Roads Toolkit is a powerful tool that can automate many of the daily tasks involved in road design. Some of the key benefits of using TA Roads Toolkit include:
- Increased productivity: TA Roads Toolkit can save engineers a significant amount of time by automating repetitive tasks such as creating surface profiles, layout profiles, profile views, and corridors.
- Reduced errors: TA Roads Toolkit can help to reduce errors by ensuring that all data is consistent.
- Improved quality: TA Roads Toolkit can help to improve the quality of road designs by providing a consistent and efficient workflow.
Here is a more detailed overview of the key features of TA Roads Toolkit:
- Alignments creation from polylines: This feature allows users to create alignments from polylines, with custom parameters such as alignment naming, layer, style, and label set style.
- Alignments reverse: This feature reverses the direction of all selected alignments.
- Surface profiles: Automatically create surface profiles for all alignments, with custom parameters such as profile naming, profile layer, profile style, and profile label set style. This can save engineers a lot of time, especially when working on complex projects with multiple alignments.
- Layout profiles: Automatically create layout profiles for all alignments, based on the surface profiles. Layout profiles are lines with 2 PVIs: one at the start station of the alignment and one at the end station. The elevation of the first PVI is the same as the elevation of the first PVI of the surface profile, and the elevation of the second PVI is the same as the elevation of the last PVI of the surface profile.
- Profile views: Automatically create profile views for all alignments, with custom parameters such as profile view naming, profile view layer, profile view style, and profile view band set style. The user can also customize the grid layout that the profile views will be arranged into.
- Corridors: Automatically create corridors for all alignments, with custom parameters such as corridor naming, corridor layer, corridor style, corridor code set style, and corridor frequencies. The alignment must have a layout profile that contains the keyword that the user typed in order to create the corridor.
- Corridors frequencies editor: This feature allows users to edit the frequencies of all selected corridors.
- Corridors top and datum surfaces: TA Roads Toolkit can also automatically create corridors top and datum surfaces, with custom parameters such as surface naming, surface layer, and surface style. The command adds the outer boundary of all the surfaces automatically.
Overall, TA Roads Toolkit is a valuable tool for any engineer involved in road design. It can automate many of the daily tasks involved in road design, which can save engineers time, reduce errors, and improve the quality of road designs.