ProjectExplorer is an all-in-one hub for managing the contents of and extracting information from Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® models.
It helps users to review, validate, report, export and even edit models in a way which is often more informative, efficient, and user configurable than plain Civil 3D.
Often regarded a more powerful alternative to the Civil 3D Prospector window, ProjectExplorer helps users to gain a better understanding of their design, and to more efficiently control the distribution of geometric information to project stakeholders.
With arguably the industry’s leading reporting solution for Civil 3D, ProjectExplorer is an essential Add-In for Civil 3D.
- ProjectExplorer features a tabbed user interface divided into object categories such as Alignments, Corridors and Pipe Networks. Each tab features a wide range of constantly updated information in both tabular and graphical formats. Content can be easily filtered, configured, and reviewed by the user - and many parameters can be edited directly from the ProjectExplorer window.
- ProjectExplorer includes arguably the most popular reporting solution on the market for Civil 3D users. Once configured, geometric reports can be exported to a range of popular file formats including Excel spreadsheets and PDF files with a single mouse click.
- Object Sets can hold persistent object selections for export to geometric reports, tables or other Autodesk® AutoCAD® drawings. Updates can be applied to exported documents with a single mouse click when subsequent design changes are applied in Civil 3D. This feature greatly assists users in maintaining their Civil 3D models as “single sources of truth” for every project.
- ProjectExplorer is entirely style driven. This ensures that reports, Autodesk® AutoCAD® tables, and the ProjectExplorer user interface itself can be easily configured to the requirements of each user, project, or organization.
- ProjectExplorer displays a range of warning tooltips for areas of the design which might not meet specified rules or design standards, or objects which may require further scrutiny. For example, pipes might be too long or short, or too deep or shallow; and profiles might have start/end stations which fall slightly beyond the station range of their host alignments. These scenarios, and many others, are far easier to spot in the ProjectExplorer window compared to plain Civil 3D.
- ProjectExplorer features a particularly wide array of tools for reviewing and editing pipe networks such as a multiple part swap tool and pipe run editor.
This product will run in trial mode for up to 30 days with no restrictions in functionality.