This app can be used to analyze the distance of points in a point cloud to a set of straight lines (an alignment). The concept of the program is to create new properties to the corresponding point so that a more detailed analysis can be made. With the new values the user can create a conventional TIN-surface (e.g. delaunay triangulation) of a vertical or steep self overlapping surface and make visual presentations and calculations of the point cloud data. The analysis values could be used to:
- Check whether a wall is where it should be and is the wall surface even and where the irregularities are located
- Check whether the coating of a thick on a vertical surface applied material is as thick as it needs to be (e.g. mortar/plaster or shotcrete on a wall) [requires two point clouds]
- Check whether a wall clashes with the needed space (for instance vertical shafts)
- Measure displacements of a vertical or near vertical surface e.g. an abutment wall [requires two point clouds].
- Calculate volumes between vertical surfaces
- Much more...
Disclaimer: the software only creates new text files with some new numerical values. The above mentioned analysis need to be done with software like Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® or other TIN-triangulation capable software.
THIS IS A DATEBOMBED VERSION. THIS CURRENT VERSION WILL EXPIRE ON 1.5.2017.
The software can also be started as an individual process and does not need Autodesk software to run!!!