CAD-Earth is designed to easily import/export images, objects and terrain meshes between Google Earth™ and Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2017-2019, and create dynamic contour lines and profiles.
You can pick CAD-Earth commands from a toolbar, from the screen menu or at the command prompt. Automatic load of commands in each Autodesk AutoCAD session and extensive help in each step
What can I do with CAD-Earth?
- Export terrain meshes from Google earth to Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D®. Now you can export a CAD-Earth terrain mesh (imported from Google Earth) to a LandXML file, which can be imported by Civil 3D and other software products to create surfaces.
- Preview position of selected drawing entities in a map when selecting a coordinate system to georeference a drawing. Drawing entities can be moved, scaled or rotated in the map until they match the site.
- Process images up to 10x faster from different providers (Google, Bing, Yahoo, Ovi) in satellite, map or hybrid image mode in normal, medium, high or highest resolution.
- New map control where you can preview drawing entities in the real world. You can move, scale and rotate reference entities in real time until they match the exact location.
- Avoid misplaced images or objects using new commands to georeference a drawing by locating entities in a map or selecting two points and typing their latitude/longitude coordinates.
- The command to import terrain mesh from Google Earth has been greatly optimized for speed and performance.
- Import Google Earth™ image to CAD Export CAD screenshot to Google Earth™
- Import Google Earth™ objects to CAD Insert georeferenced images. If you have image files with the corresponding world file containing spatial data information you can accurately place them in the drawing automatically applying XY scale and translation transformations.
- Export CAD objects to Google Earth™
- Import Google Earth™ terrain.
- Cross section from mesh Profile.
- More than 3000 supported coordinate systems worldwide free 30-day trial available.
Note: This app uses a custom installer (and not the standard App Store installer).
The CAD-Earth Trial Version has a limit of 500 points when importing a terrain mesh from Google Earth™. Only 10 objects can be imported to or exported to Google Earth™. Also, all images imported to or exported to Google Earth™ have ‘CAD-Earth Demo Version’ text watermark lines. The CAD-Earth Registered Version can process any number of points and objects and the images don’t have text watermark lines. NOTE: Starting with CAD-earth V5.0, the Trial cannot be converted to a registered version applying an activation key. You´ll receive a link to download a registered version setup file when you buy a license.