Terra Power Tools - Professional Edition allows you to perform complex volume calculations between multiple Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® surfaces from one or several drawings using material tables.
Materials are defined in material tables similar to what you would use for corridor earthwork calculations. 3D 'solid' layers are calculated between selected surfaces and are categorized based on the material table, and the results can be visualized in 3D and are also shown in tabular form (may be exported or placed in your DWG).
Terra Power Tools - Professional Edition allows you to calculate 'layered' materials by elevation range, flood plain volumes and stage elevations, etc. For example, you can calculate the water storage volume in a basin at a specific elevation, or get the elevation of the water surface at a known volume. Calculated material layers can be exported into Civil 3D as mesh entities, viewed in 3D, and viewed in both section and profile views.
Session data and material tables may be saved for quick and easy retrieval in another session or project. You can also use Terra Power Tools - Professional Edition to create, modify and merge surface geometry, including creation of 'level' surfaces, splitting one surface against another, or merging multiple surfaces keeping only the 'top-most' (or ‘bottom-most’) data in any given region. Features:
- Import surfaces from multiple drawings into a single environment for visualization and analysis.
- Visualize surfaces in 3D and in section/profile views.
- Calculate composite 3D volumes between any number of Civil 3D surfaces in a single operation.
- No intermediate 'volume surfaces' are created to clutter up your drawings - all calculations are done in memory.
- Use an advanced earthwork table to define materials relative to surfaces.
- Optionally apply polyline based boundaries for limiting the area for your calculations.
- Calculate 'layered' volumes (by elevation ranges).
- Calculate flood plain volumes and stage elevations.
- Visualize volume calculation results in 3D and in section/profile views.
- Utilize transparency when viewing surfaces and material volumes in 3D.
- View volume results in tabular form; insert results into your DWG or copy to clipboard as CSV data for use with Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Create mesh entities to represent your calculated material layers. Mesh entities can be used with Visual Report Designer to create volume reports for your materials.
- Create/modify/Merge surface geometry using multiple methods, including:
- Create: 'Level', 'Vertical Offset', 'Split'
- Modify: 'Clip'
- Merge: 'TopMost', 'Bottom Most'
- Runs within and is tightly integrated with Civil 3D.
- Save and restore both material tables and session state information.
If you work with grading/site design, complex corridors, or any other model involving multiple surfaces (especially over multiple drawings), Terra Power Tools - Professional Edition is an indispensible tool for calculating material volumes and manipulating surface geometry.