Airfoil GeneratorWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
Generate sketch profiles for NACA airfoils in Fusion 360.
After installing the app, relaunch Fusion 360.
- Select the Airfoil option from the SKETCH panel.
- Specify the NACA number for a 4 or 5 series airfoil.
- Specify the number of points per side. Total points will be 2*numPoints+1.
- Selecting half cosine spacing will result in finer discretization near the leading edge of the airfoil compared to the default constant spacing.
- Selecting finite thickness will apply a finite thickness at the trailing edge compared to the default zero thickness.
- Clicking OK generates the airfoil profile.
- Scale, extrude, etc. in the modeling environment.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store has already installed the app/plug-in.
OR, simply double-click the MSI to install the app.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Autodesk Fusion 360.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button.
OR, you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8/8.1), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
NACA generation portions of this code are from naca.py by Dirk Gorissen.
Source code for this addin is available on Github.
Source code can be forked and issues can be logged on the project's Github page. Author can also be contacted there.
For additional support and feedback email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Version Number||Version Description|
Added error checking for inputs.
Initial release for Windows.