Airfoil Sketch from FileWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
1. Open Fusion 360 and click on the Sketch panel.
2. Scroll down to “Airfoil Sketch from File”, just below “sketch dimensions”.
3. Click on the menu entry.
4. Airfoil Sketch from File dialog will appear.
5. Select a construction line on your sketch. OK button is disabled until you select a construction line.
6. If you are going to use a DAT file, select if you want to have the Airfoil name added to your sketch.
7. Click OK
8. Open File dialog will open, allowing you to select .dat or .csv files.
9. Select which file you want to use, and click Open
10. Spline is created, using your construction line as an airfoil chord.
Note: Your construction line can be of any length, and at any angle.
If you selected to have the airfoil name added to your sketch, note that you can move it wherever you want it to be on your sketch, and resize it as well.
Advice: It is ‘strongly’ suggested to fix your spline once the airfoil is generated, to avoid any inadvertent modifications.
|Ribbon/Toolbar Icon||Command||Command Description|
Open To Sketch From File command input dialog.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Fusion 360.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button.
OR, you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel/Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8.1/10), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
Included with this add-in are a few airfoil files, to show the different file formats accepted:
-Fad24.dat, E203.dat and Abrial17rev.dat are .dat files in the standard "Selig" Format
-FX60126.dat is in the Lednicer format
-Eppler203.csv is a semi-colon delimited CSV file
-ClarkY.csv is a comma-delimited CSV file
If you get errors with an airfoil file, check that it matches properly one of the format examples before reporting an error.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|File dialog bug fixed.|