Mazak Add-InMac OS, English
General Usage Instructions
The Mazak Add-In installs under the ACTION panel of the MILLING and TURNING tabs in the Manufacture Environment.
The SPM Export tab contains the settings for exporting from Fusion 360 to the Mazak Smooth Project Manager.
To export a project, follow the steps below.
- Select the setup(s) or toolpath(s) to export in the browser.
- Run the Mazak iConnect add in from the drop down menu of the ACTIONS panel in the MANUFACTURE environment.
- Set the output folder to export to.
- Apply the add in settings for your project. See below for a description of each setting.
- Click the Export project button.
The export settings group allows you to select the folder to export to and to open the exported files in a text editor.
- Output folder – Set the output folder for the exported data. Click the folder icon to select a folder and click the folder icon with the eye to view the selected folder.
- Open project file in the editor – Enable this option to open the project XML file in a text editor.
The EIA program group allows you to specify the post-processor and the program number for the EIA program.
- Machine Type - The machine type to be used in Smooth Project Manager.
- Use local post library – Enable this to select a post-processor from your local post library.
- Post processor – Select the post processor which will be used to create the EIA program. If you are using a machine configuration, the add-in will try to automatically apply the post-processor from the active machine configuration.
- Program number – Set the program number. Letters and special characters are not supported.
The Model export group allows you to export the tools and part/fixture/stock models from your Fusion 360 project.
- Export tools – Enable this option to export the tools and holders in your Fusion 360 project.
- Export model – Enable this option to export the model set in the setup of your Fusion 360 project.
- Export fixture – Enable this option to export the fixture set in the setup of your Fusion 360 project.
- Export stock – Enable this option to export the stock set in the setup of your Fusion 360 project. Only solid stock is supported.
When enabled, the machining cloud group allows you to include machining cloud zip files in addition to the data exported from Fusion 360.
- Machining cloud file – Select the path of the machining cloud zip file.
The export group allows you to export the project data.
- Export project - Export the data to the selected folder.
Smooth Project Manager Connection
The Smooth Project Manager connect is not available on Mac OS as it requires an external DLL that is only available for Windows.
Machine Connections tab
The Machine Connection tab allows you to connect to your Mazak machines through the MT Connect protocol. This requires the controller to support the MTConnect v1.8 agent and v1.7 schema, or later, for full support.
The Machines group allows you to manage your machine connections.
- Add machine – Click to add a row to the table. You will be prompted to enter the ip address of the machine.
- Edit machine – Click to edit the ip address of a machine.
- Remove machine – Click to remove the selected machine.
To monitor a machine, follow the steps below.
- Click + to add the machine.
- Enter the network address for your machine when prompted.
- Selectthe machine to connect and get its current state.
Below are the settings on the Machine Information section.
- Selected machine – Displays the name of the machine selected in the machine list.
- Active Axes– Displays the machine axes of the selected machine.
- Controller mode – Displays the current mode of the controller.
- Execution mode – Displays the current execution mode of the machine.
- Active program – Displays the program which is currently active on the machine.
- Tool in spindle – Displays the tool currently in the spindle.
Below are the settings in the Tool Information section.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. Or, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Fusion 360.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button.
Or, you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel/Programs and Features (Windows 10/11), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
- Geometric constraints driven by parameters may not pass through on geometry export.
- Only solid stock can be exported.
- Boring bar shaft is not exported in tool geometry.
- Model geometry is exported to the project folder, but must be manually loaded into the current version of Smooth Project Manager.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|- Updated user interface - Export models from fixture attachment point in setup, or from bottom of fixture/part/stock based on what is exported - Connect to Smooth Project Manager from within Fusion 360 to view staged projects - Collect additional machine information including tools in the tool changer -|
|Initial release of Mazak iConnect add in.|