Airfoil DAT to SplineMac OS, English
General Usage Instructions
1. Open Autodesk® Fusion 360™ and click on ADD-INS button on rib.
2. You should see Airfoil_DAT_to_Spline_v1.3 script in My Scripts.
3. Click on Run button.
4. AIRFOIL PARAMETERS dialog window will appear.
5. Select construction plane or origin plane to make sketch on it.
6. Input airfoil chord size, Scale Y, Offset X, Offset Y parameters and click Ok button. (Maximum chord length is 1000 mm. You can use any units used in Fusion 360. Script will scale coordinates from DAT file automatically.)
7. Open DAT File open dialog window will appear. (By default it will filter DAT files only. Use drop down list to select all file extensions.)
8. Select the file with airfoil you want to build and click Open button.
9. In few seconds on selected construction plane or origin plane new sketch with spline of airfoil will be created.
Please note that sketch and construction plane will be automatically renamed. It will help modeler to find needed sketch during further design. Name consist from airfoil name following by scale coefficient.
Airfoil name will be taken from the first line of the DAT file you selected. If there are spaces in first line they will be omitted from beginning and end of line and replaced by “_” character in the middle.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store has already installed the app/plug-in.
OR, simply double-click the PKG to install the app.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Autodesk® Fusion 360™.
- Navigate to/ApplicationsPlugins and select the app you want to uninstall
- Either drag the application icon to the Trash, or right-click and select “Move to Trash”
- Right-click on the Trash can and select “Empty Trash”
- If you prefer keystrokes, you can also just select the app bundle and then hit Command+Delete to move the app to Trash, then empty the Trash and the app will be removed.
Special thank you for Michael "wersy" for idea and testing.
Error may appear if header in DAT file takes more than one line. Please update DAT file manually.
I can provide support by e-mail on English and Russian.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Added: Offset X and Offset Y parameters (v1.3) Scale Y parameter (v1.2) selection of construction plane or origin plane (v1.1)|