Airfoil DAT to SplineWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
1. Open Autodesk® Fusion 360™ and click on the ADD-INS button on the rib.
2. You should see the Airfoil_DAT_to_Spline_v2.0 script in My Scripts.
3. Click on the Run button.
4. AIRFOIL PARAMETERS dialog window will appear.
5. Select a construction plane or origin plane to make a sketch on it.
6. Input airfoil chord size, Scale Y, Offset X, Offset Y, and AoI parameters and click the Ok button. (You can use any units used in Fusion 360. The script will scale coordinates from the DAT file automatically.)
7. Open DAT File open dialog window will appear. (By default it will filter DAT files only. Use the drop-down list to select all file extensions.)
8. Select the file with the airfoil you want to build and click the Open button.
9. In few seconds on a selected construction plane or origin plane new sketch with the spline of the airfoil will be created.
Please note that the sketch and construction plane will be automatically renamed. It will help the modeler to find the needed sketch during further design. The name consists of the airfoil name following by the scale coefficient.
The airfoil names will be taken from the first line of the DAT file you selected. If there are spaces in the first line they will be omitted from the beginning and end of the line and replaced by “_” character in the middle.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store has already installed the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the MSI to install the app.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Fusion 360.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button.
OR, you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8.1/10), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
Special thanks to Michael "wersy" for the idea and testing.
For additional information, discussion and questions please follow this thread.
I can help by e-mail in English and Russian. email@example.com
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Added: Added processing of Lednicer file format (v2.0) Added angle of incidence (Aoi) parameter, fixed orientation on YZ and XZ planes (v1.8) Bugfix with comma-separated values without spaces (v1.7) Processing of comma-separated files (v1.6) Unlimited chord length for 1:1 scale aircraft (v1.5) Bugfix on Mac OS (v1.4) Offset X and Offset Y parameters (v1.3) Scale Y parameter (v1.2) selection of construction plane or origin plane (v1.1)|