IDF importMac OS, English
General Usage Instructions
After installing the add-in, select "Import Idf" under the INSERT menu.
Specify input parameters and click OK. You will be prompted to select an board file (mandatory) and a library file (facultative). Once finished, you will get the geometry with components and keepout sections.
Supported files combinations are: .emn/.emp, .brd/.lib, .brd/.pro, .bdf/.ldf, and .idb/.idl.
Input parameters are:
- import pcb only: yes/no
- holes to create: component pin, conductive via, mounting purpose, tooling purpose, other
- PCB color: green, red, black, blue, white, yellow, violet
- component color: all grey or according to the standard reference designators (see below)
- create individual component: yes/no
- capture design history: yes/no
- anonymize component: yes/no
Standard reference designators supported for component color are: C, CN, CONN, D, F, IC, J, JP, K, L, P, Q, R, RN, RT, RV, U, VR, X, XT, XTAL and Y (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reference_designator)
Colors can be adjusted by editing the idf.adsklib in the resources/materials folder (use the "MODIFY > Manage material property" menu).
Double-click the downloaded installer from Autodesk App Store to install the app/plug-in.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Autodesk® Fusion 360™.
- Navigate to ./ApplicationsPlugins folder and select the app bundle you want to uninstall
- Either drag the app bundle to the Trash, or right-click and select “Move to Trash”
- Right-click on the Trash-Can and select “Empty Trash”
- If you prefer keystrokes, you can also just select the app bundle and then hit Command+Delete to move the app to Trash, then empty the Trash and the app will be removed.
The add-in supports IDF version 2.0 and 3.0:
The add-in doesn't support IDF files that contains panel.
Import process can become slow if:
- capture design history is set to yes
- component pin or conductive via are selected in the drilled holes parameters
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with feedback or questions
Write an explicit subject to your email (i.e. "FUSION 360 IDF" + your problem)
Attach sample IDF files if needed for debug.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|Fix components misplacement when design history is captured. Fix appearence load from adsklib file when user language is different than English. Support different combinations of file extension: .emn/.emp, .brd/.lib, .brd/.pro, .bdf/.ldf, and .idb/.idl.|