Bolt GeneratorWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
Bolt Generator is easy to use, with as natural flow as possible, so no fancy images or complicated commands to be done.
After installation is done go to the Assembly drop-down button, press on bolt generator command and then just select the main parameters of the required bolt
- Select Standard M = Metric or I = inch or Imperial.
- Choose desired bolt type from the drop-down list.
- Select Size depending on the standard.
- Choose the length of the bolt from a standard list.
- Now finally you can just press OK button to place the bolt in front of your camera.
- Or even better you can select the holes where the bolt array will have inserted.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Autodesk® Fusion 360™.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button.
OR, you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel/Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8.1/10), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
This Version is comatible with the new Python release 3.7.3 please upgrade bolt generator if you already update Autodesk® Fusion 360™ after Sep. 2019.
Add extra bolt libraries, maybe adding nuts, washers, bearings... complete content center.
Edit selection to add or remove items from inserted array.
Select Material for bolts before insertion.
All library files are standard xml files. You can edit them if you have a preferred size that you use every time and you want to save clicks.
Bolt generator works only in parametric environment.
If you have a special size that is not included in the library, you can add it. Refer to support information for in depth editing.
To edit xml files, we recommend two options depending on your operating system.
Mac - although XCode is the default option you can use geany as it's free, lightweight and faster geany-1.33_osx.dmg.
Windows - you can also use geany in windows, but the preferred option is notepad++ which is also free.
Although all efforts have been taken to minimize any irregularities, some issues are noticed and are being worked on to solve them.
- Only when a hole is created on first sketch as circle and extruded, the bolt is inserted in a reversed way, so you need to flip the joint.
- If edited library file has some errors, it's either not loaded or the faulted item is not loaded when selected.
- If you have any issues you can reach me on the Support information links (this is why we have one).
Any issues found, or extra help needed on Library editing please use the following link: https://github.com/mardini1974/Bolt-Generator/issues
|Version Number||Version Description|
|New Python release 3.7.3 compatible|