MapBoards ProWin64, English
General Usage Instructions
When a woodworking project moves from the design phase to the build phase material estimate and layout is needed to guide the cut process. Mapboards can help with both. From an open partial or completed 3D design the following steps are taken:
- Apply the desired Physical Material types or Appearance to all component bodies
- Invoke MapBoards or MapBoard Pro
- From the Lumber tab update, the Width and Lengths for each Material (Thickness) pair to match lumber dimensions available or that you plan to acquire Note: Both input fields have dropdown carrots with frequently used values.
- Select the radial button on each board type to include them in the map generation
- From the Options, tab select the desired map type and arrangement type, Kerf or Spacing, Cutlist, board edge spacing, and other options
- Select OK to execute MapBoards
Once complete the created map will be displayed alongside the design on the XY plane (optionally XZ plane). The map visibility can be controlled with the LightBulb on the newly created map component. If the Cutlist option is selected, a CSV file will be created at the location specified. It will include a sorted list of all components with dimensions and a summary or required lumber. This file can be imported into a spreadsheet such as Google Sheets. If you plan to use a tablesaw the map can be used as a guide for efficient cutting of minimizing waste and the cutlist as a checklist.
If you selected a Map Type of Sketch to DXF file then this universally accepted file type can be imported into other CAD and CAM software for use with CNC, waterjet, plasma, or laser. The DXF file will have a projected sketch of each component body in separate layers. There will be an additional layer with labeling if enabled.
Note: The MapBoards Pro version has enhanced capabilities added to the DXF file option. It will contain 4 or more layers as perimeter, insets (one for each unique depth), cutouts, and labels. These layers are viewed from the top view. Any inset from the bottom will be ignored. Since the components are placed with the largest face down will work for almost all users.
The same layered information is exported with the Export SVG context menu option. This SVG export can be used for further nesting when imported other programs such as Deepest.
Constructive feedback is always welcome via email. Thanks!
If you plan to complete the cutting with a CNC Router the following steps are suggested:
- Switch to the CAM workspace.
- Create a new setup file.
- From the setup, tab select your preferred Work Coordinate System.
- From the stock tab select Mode "From Solid" and select one or more Board bodies along with at least one component on the board to provide thickness.
- Select OK to complete the setup creation.
- Create one or more toolpaths you prefer. Note: For simple body cutouts on plywood the 2D Contour toolpath is a good choice.
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store will start installing the app/plug-in. OR, simply double-click the downloaded installer to install the app/plugin.
You can unload the add-in without uninstalling it by clicking the "Stop" button when the add-in is selected in the list box on the "Add-Ins" tab of the "Scripts and Add-Ins" dialog.
Unchecking "Run on Startup" causes the add-in not to be loaded in future sessions of Autodesk® Fusion 360™.
To uninstall this plug-in, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it, simply rerun the installer, and select the "Uninstall" button.
OR, you can uninstall it from 'Control Panel/Programs and Features' (Windows 7/8.1/10), just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
Here is a link to the sample design shown in the video demo of MapBoards. You can Open or Download it to view in Autodesk Fusion 360 and then run MapBoards on it once installed.
Running MapBoards requires Capture Design History to be set.
Contacting support will be through email, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to collect the Diagnostic Log Files?
The MapBoards log file, which can help to diagnose problems, will be collected with all Autodesk Fusion 360 log files using the procedure described here.
The MapBoards log file will only contain information for the last invocation of MapBoards. It will be overwritten with each invocation. Therefore the log must be collected immediately after the problem occurs. A zip file is created with the above procedure and can be emailed to support.
|Version Number||Version Description|
|- All Fonts available including single line fonts. No initialization required. - New option to generate a tabs layer in DXF export allowing control of tab width, height and distance - Adjustments to correctly determine dimensions on some inorganic shapes - Fix for Fusion crash when non-zero laser kerf specified - Fix for DXF export option to create file for each board|